Community, Edge

Save these dates for cultural craze

Spice up the shortest month of the year by expanding your weekend routine. Break out of the usual pattern of house parties, SoBe, Grove, repeat, and immerse yourself in the spectrum of Miami culture. Check out The Miami Hurricane’s calendar of February events you won’t want to miss.

Kele Okereke at Bardot Feb. 6

The lead singer of British rock band Bloc Party, Kele Okereke, will spin at Bardot on Thursday, Feb. 6. Spend the night surrounded by trendy 20 and 30-somethings appreciating Okereke’s unique sound. Enjoy the set and toss back a couple of drinks; it’s technically almost the weekend.

Tickets are $15. Doors open at 10 p.m. Bardot is located at 3456 N. Miami Ave.

Wynwood Art Walk Feb. 8

The Wynwood Art Walk is a monthly ritual for many artsy Miamians, but it’s also great for the casual viewer. Every second Saturday, the public is invited to walk around Wynwood and enjoy the culture. Experience the street art that made this area famous, from the unforgettable Wynwood Walls to the variety of galleries. This month’s Art Walk is Feb. 8.

The Wynwood Art Walk is located between NE 20th St. and NE 36th St., and from NW 6 to NE 2 Ave. For more information, visit wynwoodmiami.com.

Coconut Grove Arts Festival Feb. 15-17

The 51st annual Coconut Grove Arts Festival will feature claywork, digital art, edible art, 3-D mixed media, glass, watercolor and photography, exposing the average viewer to mediums they never experienced before. The three-day festival showcases art from more than 380 international artists and craftsmen. Tickets for Coconut Grove residents are $5 and $15 for the general public.

The Coconut Grove Arts Festival is from Feb. 15 to Feb. 17. Coconut Grove Arts Festival is located at 3390 Mary St.

Toro y Moi Feb. 18

Anyone looking for new, cutting edge music should check out Grand Central on Feb. 18 to watch chillwave performer Toro y Moi. For those unfamiliar with chillwave, it is ambient hipster electro music that involves synthesizers, looping and sampling.

Concert is open to all ages. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets cost $15. Grand Central is located at 697 N. Miami Ave.

Moksha Roots Feb. 21

Frank Malvar

University of Miami football coach Mark Richt made it clearer than ever on Wednesday: Come the Sept. ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...

The Canes are well represented across the nation this summer with players competing in each of the t ...

The University of Miami had four student-athletes selected to the watch lists for the Maxwell Award ...

The University of Miami's Symone Mason closed out the 2018 IAAF World U20 Championships with a ...