News, Student Government

Two teams announced for SG elections

Two teams are running for Student Government elections this semester.

This year, the tickets are titled “Amplify U” and “Unite the U.”

Juniors Seth Furman, Skip McClinton and Jaldhi Patel will run for the positions of president, vice president and treasurer, respectively, and comprise the “Amplify U” ticket.

For “Unite the U,” junior Alessandria San Roman will run as president, junior William Herrera as vice president, with junior Dariel Fagundo as treasurer.

Campaigning will begin the week of Feb. 10, and voting will start on Feb. 17 and end on Feb. 19.

Voting will take place each day from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. SG will announce further details about voting instructions.

Unlike previous semesters, there will not be any referenda on the ballot.

Last semester, the only referendum on the ballot involved increasing the student activity fee by $6 to provide funds for the university’s radio station, WVUM, and the student newspaper, The Miami Hurricane.

In addition to executive positions, Senate seats will also be on the ballot. Senators represent the university’s colleges and student populations, such as commuters.

STUDENT GOVERNMENT VOTING INFORMATION

Campaigning for SG elections will begin Feb. 10.

Voting will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 17 to Feb. 19. Voting locations will be announced soon.

Students will be able to vote for SG executive positions and any open Senate seats. There are no referenda on the ballot this semester.

For more information, contact sgelections@miami.edu.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

LAKE BUENA VISTA — Hurricane Irma gave Mark Walton a chance to be with his 6-month old daughter and ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA —Apparently, University of Miami All-American receiver Ahmmon Richard’s hamstring w ...

University of Miami quarterback Malik Rosier was about to head home to Mobile, Alabama, when the bos ...

University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz, who grew up in Miami and is the son of the for ...

How’s your landscaping after Hurricane Irma? Did you get it cleaned up (and replaced) as fast as the ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

The University’s decision to close classes well in advance of the hurricane enabled the successful e ...

The University is moving swiftly and diligently to clear widespread downed trees, power lines, and o ...

The University of Miami continues the recovery effort from Hurricane Irma. ...

The Hurricanes will be playing for all of South Florida when they host Toledo on Saturday at Hard Ro ...

The duo won its first seven matches of the  spring and went on to advance to the third round of the ...

The weekly ProCanes Report will weed through all the NFL highlights and news to bring you the inform ...

View some of the best images from the Miami women's tennis team's picture day in advance o ...

The men's cross country team moved up one spot to No. 14 in the South Region in the NCAA Divisi ...