News, Student Government

Two teams announced for SG elections

Two teams are running for Student Government elections this semester.

This year, the tickets are titled “Amplify U” and “Unite the U.”

Juniors Seth Furman, Skip McClinton and Jaldhi Patel will run for the positions of president, vice president and treasurer, respectively, and comprise the “Amplify U” ticket.

For “Unite the U,” junior Alessandria San Roman will run as president, junior William Herrera as vice president, with junior Dariel Fagundo as treasurer.

Campaigning will begin the week of Feb. 10, and voting will start on Feb. 17 and end on Feb. 19.

Voting will take place each day from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. SG will announce further details about voting instructions.

Unlike previous semesters, there will not be any referenda on the ballot.

Last semester, the only referendum on the ballot involved increasing the student activity fee by $6 to provide funds for the university’s radio station, WVUM, and the student newspaper, The Miami Hurricane.

In addition to executive positions, Senate seats will also be on the ballot. Senators represent the university’s colleges and student populations, such as commuters.

STUDENT GOVERNMENT VOTING INFORMATION

Campaigning for SG elections will begin Feb. 10.

Voting will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 17 to Feb. 19. Voting locations will be announced soon.

Students will be able to vote for SG executive positions and any open Senate seats. There are no referenda on the ballot this semester.

For more information, contact sgelections@miami.edu.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

They’ve earned their first 10-win season since 2003. Now all they need are two more victories for a ...

It became very clear, as soon as University of Miami coaches began recruiting Lonnie Walker IV, that ...

A six-pack of UM football notes: ▪ After UM’s 44-28 victory against Virginia on Saturday, Cavaliers ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Championship Game, featuring the Coastal Division champion Miami Hurri ...

As Miami fans await the newest College Football Playoff rankings on Tuesday night — the Hurricanes c ...

The 41st annual conference on the Caribbean and Central America held a special program at the Univer ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

Erykah Davenport scored 16 points and grabbed a career-high 19 rebounds, as the Miami women's b ...

Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz was selected as one of 15 semifinalists for the Broyles Award ...

Former Miami football players Ronnie Walker and Todd Stanish are grateful to be able to celebrate an ...

The neutral-site game is a homecoming for freshman guard Lonnie Walker IV. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team will travel to Georgia Tech and Clemson this week for the fi ...