News, Student Government

Two teams announced for SG elections

Two teams are running for Student Government elections this semester.

This year, the tickets are titled “Amplify U” and “Unite the U.”

Juniors Seth Furman, Skip McClinton and Jaldhi Patel will run for the positions of president, vice president and treasurer, respectively, and comprise the “Amplify U” ticket.

For “Unite the U,” junior Alessandria San Roman will run as president, junior William Herrera as vice president, with junior Dariel Fagundo as treasurer.

Campaigning will begin the week of Feb. 10, and voting will start on Feb. 17 and end on Feb. 19.

Voting will take place each day from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. SG will announce further details about voting instructions.

Unlike previous semesters, there will not be any referenda on the ballot.

Last semester, the only referendum on the ballot involved increasing the student activity fee by $6 to provide funds for the university’s radio station, WVUM, and the student newspaper, The Miami Hurricane.

In addition to executive positions, Senate seats will also be on the ballot. Senators represent the university’s colleges and student populations, such as commuters.

STUDENT GOVERNMENT VOTING INFORMATION

Campaigning for SG elections will begin Feb. 10.

Voting will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 17 to Feb. 19. Voting locations will be announced soon.

Students will be able to vote for SG executive positions and any open Senate seats. There are no referenda on the ballot this semester.

For more information, contact sgelections@miami.edu.

Authors

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

The Miami Hurricanes are 2-0 when these two things happen: Michael Mediavilla starts, and Michael Bu ...

If Miami Hurricanes fans were hoping to hear that one quarterback charged forward with such authorit ...

The Florida State Seminoles came through in the clutch. The Miami Hurricanes did not. That pretty mu ...

The Jerry’s Pizza of Mark Richt’s youth is gone, but Fran’s Chicken Haven — “If the Colonel had our ...

Hey, Hurricane basketball fans, do you ever sit around and wonder whatever happened to Guillermo Dia ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Carlos Bustamante, a Presidential Distinguished Scholar, kicked off his series of lectures about gen ...

Edward Abraham, M.D., has been named Dean of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Med ...

Junior Kristiana Yao is the first named at UM in the last 33 years. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team is set to play its final match of the regular season ...

Ebony Morrison & women's 4x100m won at Baylor, while Gabrielle Hesslau & Sean Grossman ...

Sunday's finale between the Miami Hurricanes and Florida State Seminoles (April 23) will be pla ...

The No. 39 Miami women's tennis team will play its final match of the regular season Sunday at ...

On a night when he connected for a grand slam against archrival Florida State in front of a sold-out ...