Blogs, Focus on Fitness

Focus on Fitness: Earndit.com Fitness Rewards

photoWe all know exercise is good for the body, as well as the mind and soul. Just the physical activity itself, whether you’re a runner, cyclist, swimmer or a gym rat, you know what I’m talking about. The reward of a workout that kicked your butt, left you gasping for breath, muscles burning, that glistening sweat trickling down your forehead.

As painful as it might be at the time, the sense of accomplishment and pride are just a few of the feelings that make it all worth it.

But a little incentive never hurt anyone, right?

Allow me to introduce Earndit.com, a fitness tracking site that links up to your favorite fitness app to award you prizes for your commitment to exercise.EarnditEarndit

Yes, you read me right, free stuff for the exercise you’re already doing.

EarnditEarndit

The website is run by a dedicated team of fitness enthusiasts- Andres Moran, Harry Kautzman II, Grant Kidd, Rich Hirsch. The team is advised by Rasmus Lerdorf, Jesse Schwartzman and John Washam.

Earndit’s goal is a simple one-

“We’ve created a system that gives you more immediate rewards for your exercise. Our hope is to foster a more active lifestyle in each of us, and in turn play a small role in improving the health of our users.”

If you aren’t already, click your way over to Earndit.com where site registration is faster than your 50-yard dash.run

Link up your new Earndit account to as many of your preferred fitness tracking apps as you so desire. You can even connect with Foursquare, where gym check-ins can earn you major points.

The point breakdown is outlined by the Earndit team as follows:

Method of activity Points per mile
By Foot 10
By Bike 3
By Skate 6
By Paddle 7
By Skateboard 6

For you diehard gym rats, a check-in at any gym or fitness center on Foursquare earns you 15 points (limit one per day) and holding the title of “mayor” is worth 20 points.

Earndit is just one more resource and reason to get up and get active.

Catch up with you soon ‘Canes!

Kristen Spillane is a senior journalism and Spanish double major hailing from Boston, Mass. She’s out to make the most of all Miami has to offer and can’t resist a good adrenaline rush or the feeling of being completely and utterly spent after a workout. Blogging for her fellow ‘Canes that are always on the go, follow Kristen on Twitter and Instagram @Kspillane29.

Focus on Fitness is a blog about discovering the plethora of physical activities and outdoor opportunities of the South Florida community and beyond.  Can’t sit still and looking for a refreshing way to use that positive energy? Keep up with “Focus on Fitness” … if you can. 

Kristen Spillane

Friday’s NFL drought became Saturday’s downpour for the University of Miami. Eight Miami Hurricanes ...

Cornerback Corn Elder’s career highlight is a play that will forever be ingrained in college footbal ...

Safety Rayshawn Jenkins is now a Los Angeles Charger. Jenkins, who grew up in St. Petersburg, became ...

The University of Miami celebrated on Thursday night with an NFL Draft first-round pick for the thir ...

When Al Golden recruited David Njoku to the University of Miami in 2014 the Cedar Grove, N.J. native ...

UM marks Holocaust Remembrance Day with a reading of names and recollections of a survivor. ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

The University of Miami football program had nine former players selected in the 2017 NFL Draft in P ...

Miami Hurricanes fullback Marquez Williams was selected with the 240th overall pick by the Jacksonvi ...

Miami Hurricanes cornerback Adrian Colbert was selected with the 229th overall pick by the San Franc ...

Miami Hurricanes wide receiver Stacy Coley was selected with the 219th overall pick by the Minnesota ...

Miami Hurricanes quarterback Brad Kaaya was selected with the 215th overall pick by the Detroit Lion ...