Blogs, Focus on Fitness

Focus on Fitness: Earndit.com Fitness Rewards

photoWe all know exercise is good for the body, as well as the mind and soul. Just the physical activity itself, whether you’re a runner, cyclist, swimmer or a gym rat, you know what I’m talking about. The reward of a workout that kicked your butt, left you gasping for breath, muscles burning, that glistening sweat trickling down your forehead.

As painful as it might be at the time, the sense of accomplishment and pride are just a few of the feelings that make it all worth it.

But a little incentive never hurt anyone, right?

Allow me to introduce Earndit.com, a fitness tracking site that links up to your favorite fitness app to award you prizes for your commitment to exercise.EarnditEarndit

Yes, you read me right, free stuff for the exercise you’re already doing.

EarnditEarndit

The website is run by a dedicated team of fitness enthusiasts- Andres Moran, Harry Kautzman II, Grant Kidd, Rich Hirsch. The team is advised by Rasmus Lerdorf, Jesse Schwartzman and John Washam.

Earndit’s goal is a simple one-

“We’ve created a system that gives you more immediate rewards for your exercise. Our hope is to foster a more active lifestyle in each of us, and in turn play a small role in improving the health of our users.”

If you aren’t already, click your way over to Earndit.com where site registration is faster than your 50-yard dash.run

Link up your new Earndit account to as many of your preferred fitness tracking apps as you so desire. You can even connect with Foursquare, where gym check-ins can earn you major points.

The point breakdown is outlined by the Earndit team as follows:

Method of activity Points per mile
By Foot 10
By Bike 3
By Skate 6
By Paddle 7
By Skateboard 6

For you diehard gym rats, a check-in at any gym or fitness center on Foursquare earns you 15 points (limit one per day) and holding the title of “mayor” is worth 20 points.

Earndit is just one more resource and reason to get up and get active.

Catch up with you soon ‘Canes!

Kristen Spillane is a senior journalism and Spanish double major hailing from Boston, Mass. She’s out to make the most of all Miami has to offer and can’t resist a good adrenaline rush or the feeling of being completely and utterly spent after a workout. Blogging for her fellow ‘Canes that are always on the go, follow Kristen on Twitter and Instagram @Kspillane29.

Focus on Fitness is a blog about discovering the plethora of physical activities and outdoor opportunities of the South Florida community and beyond.  Can’t sit still and looking for a refreshing way to use that positive energy? Keep up with “Focus on Fitness” … if you can. 

Kristen Spillane

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM female scientists share some insight on women in science, science in Hollywood and how Wonder Wom ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

The Atlantic Coast and Big Ten Conferences announced Monday, the University of Miami men's bask ...

Three members of the University of Miami men's tennis players have been selected as All-ACC Aca ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had four individuals selected to the 2017 Atlantic Co ...

A freshman from Stratham, N.H., Rebecca Ripley of the Miami women's basketball team sat down wi ...

University of Miami standout Shakima Wimbley is headed to the 2017 IAAF World Championships in Londo ...