Dear V

Dear V: My man parted the red sea …

Last week I went on a date with a new fling. We had a great time earlier in the evening and really seemed to hit it off. After going back to his place and sliding into third, I got a special encore performance from my dear Aunt Flow. Needless to say I was absolutely mortified. I really like him but I am not sure how to act around him anymore. Should I pretend like nothing embarrassing happened, or ignore him forever and wallow in shame?

Help, 

Anonymous

Dear Tampax commercial,

Everyone should be keeping a calendar and know when it’s the time of the month. But let’s say for a second that you forgot and it just slipped your mind to pack a tampon. That’s fine, it happens to the best of us but seriously that’s gross.

Men barely tolerate talking about a woman’s period, let alone having it all over their fingers. I’ve had boyfriends who look at me weird when I mention cramps … I can’t even imagine what they’d say if they had to deal with my period blood all over their hands.

If you know this guy well enough you should just talk it out with him. Tell him that it’s a natural bodily function and you just couldn’t control it. I’m assuming he’s straight so he’s going to have to deal with this from you or some other woman for the rest of his life. It’s better that he learns now.

However, I think it’s safe to assume that you don’t know this guy very well. In that case, screw it and don’t talk to him ever again. It’s really not a huge deal – people have gone through way worse.

Some guys enjoy this stuff though so maybe you’ll get lucky and he’s one of those guys. I’ve been told that it’s period sex is great for all parties involved (something about more lubrication and sensitivity) so if this dude calls you again, suggest something kinky … you never know where the night will go.

Don’t wallow in shame – at least you found out before you ruined a pair of sheets.

About Author

V Advice Columnist

The University of Miami quarterback corps is deep in numbers but shallow in experience. The battle c ...

Freshmen anyone? Mark Richt sounds like he’s liking these three early-enrollee true freshmen a whole ...

The University of Miami completed Day Three of spring football on Saturday, and as soon as practice ...

Myron Rolle is ready to take his game from the football field to the operating table. Those precious ...

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...

The University of Miami track and field program shined in a talented field at the Hurricane Collegia ...

Here's a daily look at what is taking place at Greentree ...

Miami tied for the most hits No. 8 North Carolina has allowed all season, but fell to the host Tar H ...

Miami travels to Louisville, Ky., Sunday at noon to face No. 34 Louisville at the Bass-Rudd Tennis C ...