News Briefs 1/23

Lunar new year celebration

The Asian American Students Association and Chinese Students and Scholars Association will celebrate the new Year of the Horse on Friday. The celebration is open to students, their families, and friends, as well as faculty and staff. Remember to wear red as is customary in Lunar New Year Celebrations.

Hilary Clinton ticketing

Distribution of tickets to see Hillary Clinton will begin on Monday across all campuses. Only one ticket per Cane Card will be allowed.

Student tickets for undergraduate, graduate and law students on the Coral Gables campus will be distributed from the University Center Ticket Window starting at 8:30 a.m. The ticket window will be distributing tickets as long as they last.

It is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Medical students at the Miller School of Medicine will receive emails from Student Government with instructions for reserving tickets for pick-up at the Miller Campus.

Ticket distribution for non-employee graduate students on the Miller Campus will begin at 9:30 a.m. at the Office of Graduate Studies located in Room 650, RMSB, Suite 1128.

Graduate students at the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science will be able to pick-up tickets from the Graduate Student Office located in SLAB 130 beginning at 9 a.m.

New CaneID self-service portal

The University of Miami Information and Technology team has redeveloped the way students can manage their CaneIDs with a new portal that will allow users to register, reset security questions, and change their settings manually. To use the new system, visit caneid.miami.edu.

Danny Cepero may be emailed at dcepero@themiamihurricane.com. 

Daniel Cepero

Multimedia Editor

LAKE BUENA VISTA — Hurricane Irma gave Mark Walton a chance to be with his 6-month old daughter and ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA —Apparently, University of Miami All-American receiver Ahmmon Richard’s hamstring w ...

University of Miami quarterback Malik Rosier was about to head home to Mobile, Alabama, when the bos ...

University of Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz, who grew up in Miami and is the son of the for ...

How’s your landscaping after Hurricane Irma? Did you get it cleaned up (and replaced) as fast as the ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

The University’s decision to close classes well in advance of the hurricane enabled the successful e ...

The University is moving swiftly and diligently to clear widespread downed trees, power lines, and o ...

The University of Miami continues the recovery effort from Hurricane Irma. ...

The Hurricanes will be playing for all of South Florida when they host Toledo on Saturday at Hard Ro ...

The duo won its first seven matches of the  spring and went on to advance to the third round of the ...

The weekly ProCanes Report will weed through all the NFL highlights and news to bring you the inform ...

View some of the best images from the Miami women's tennis team's picture day in advance o ...

The men's cross country team moved up one spot to No. 14 in the South Region in the NCAA Divisi ...