Blogs, Free Foreign Film Friday

“Last Night” probes with questions about infidelity

As simple as a storyline could ever be, “Last Night” is, for the same reason, an insightful portrait of the delicate line between loyalty and infidelity.

With four stars of varying ethnicity, the film has a decidedly foreign feel. With Keira Knightley’s British self-composure, Sam Worthington’s Australian non-nonchalance, Guillaume Canet’s French flare, and Eva Mendes’s Miami hotness, the cast is perfect.

Like a theatrical piece, it strategically (over)considers every detail. The screenplay is crafty and rarely explicit, pairing well with the artsy flare of the cinematography that flaunts a quick succession of cuts. With its intense imitation of reality, it makes the viewer accomplice to the temptation the characters experience.

In particular, it taunts the viewer with a few questions, so make sure you watch it with someone to have a discussion with after the credits start scrolling aggravatingly soon:

• Can accusing someone of infidelity actually plant the temptation to cheat?
  • Does “when” a relationship starts matter, even years later?
  • Is cheating with your heart more unforgivable than cheating with your body?

Luisa Andonie

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...