Hillary Clinton to speak on campus next month

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will be visiting the University of Miami campus on Feb. 26.

Clinton, who is the likely Democratic Party candidate for the 2016 presidential election, served as the 67th U.S. Secretary of State from 2009 to 2013. Most recently, Barbara Walters named Clinton “the Most Fascinating Person of 2013.” On the show, which aired for the first time in 2013, Clinton said she would decide whether she would run for president again “sometime next year.”

Prior to that, she served as first lady to the U.S. and as senator of New York. In 2008, she ran for president of the United States but failed to win the nomination of the Democratic Party.

The event will take place at the BankUnited Center at 8:30 p.m. More details about her visit, including the topic of her remarks, will be disclosed as the date approaches. The event is for the UM community, and ticket information will be available at miami.edu/clintonvisit.

Clinton’s visit next month will mark her third appearance to campus in the last six and half years. She first came  on Sept. 9, 2007, as part of the Democratic Presidential Candidates Forum. Then she visited as a presidential candidate on May 21, 2008.

UM President Donna E. Shalala, who served as the Secretary for Health and Human Services under former President Bill Clinton for eight years, expressed her sentiments about the upcoming visit.

“I’m delighted our students will have the chance to listen to and learn from one of America’s most inspirational leaders and role models,” she said.

Stephanie Parra

Editor-in-chief

They’ve earned their first 10-win season since 2003. Now all they need are two more victories for a ...

It became very clear, as soon as University of Miami coaches began recruiting Lonnie Walker IV, that ...

A six-pack of UM football notes: ▪ After UM’s 44-28 victory against Virginia on Saturday, Cavaliers ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Championship Game, featuring the Coastal Division champion Miami Hurri ...

As Miami fans await the newest College Football Playoff rankings on Tuesday night — the Hurricanes c ...

The 41st annual conference on the Caribbean and Central America held a special program at the Univer ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

Erykah Davenport scored 16 points and grabbed a career-high 19 rebounds, as the Miami women's b ...

Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz was selected as one of 15 semifinalists for the Broyles Award ...

Former Miami football players Ronnie Walker and Todd Stanish are grateful to be able to celebrate an ...

The neutral-site game is a homecoming for freshman guard Lonnie Walker IV. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team will travel to Georgia Tech and Clemson this week for the fi ...