Hillary Clinton to speak on campus next month

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will be visiting the University of Miami campus on Feb. 26.

Clinton, who is the likely Democratic Party candidate for the 2016 presidential election, served as the 67th U.S. Secretary of State from 2009 to 2013. Most recently, Barbara Walters named Clinton “the Most Fascinating Person of 2013.” On the show, which aired for the first time in 2013, Clinton said she would decide whether she would run for president again “sometime next year.”

Prior to that, she served as first lady to the U.S. and as senator of New York. In 2008, she ran for president of the United States but failed to win the nomination of the Democratic Party.

The event will take place at the BankUnited Center at 8:30 p.m. More details about her visit, including the topic of her remarks, will be disclosed as the date approaches. The event is for the UM community, and ticket information will be available at miami.edu/clintonvisit.

Clinton’s visit next month will mark her third appearance to campus in the last six and half years. She first came  on Sept. 9, 2007, as part of the Democratic Presidential Candidates Forum. Then she visited as a presidential candidate on May 21, 2008.

UM President Donna E. Shalala, who served as the Secretary for Health and Human Services under former President Bill Clinton for eight years, expressed her sentiments about the upcoming visit.

“I’m delighted our students will have the chance to listen to and learn from one of America’s most inspirational leaders and role models,” she said.

Stephanie Parra

Editor-in-chief

Dewan Huell will be wearing green and orange for at least another year. Huell announced Saturday on ...

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

The Canes wrapped up a stormy weekend at the NCAA East Preliminary with their final two qualifiers f ...

Miami native pulls name out of NBA Draft process. ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...