Comments Off

15 January 2014

News Briefs 1/16

Spring Kickoff

Student Government and Canes Night Live will host Canes After Dark 8 p.m. on Friday at the Student Activities Center patio and along Miller Drive. Entertainment will include free food, fried Oreos, caricature drawings, henna tattoos, food trucks and live music.

Arts Festival

The 63rd annual Beaux Arts Festival of Art will take place on campus Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The festival will feature more than 220 art exhibitors, live music and dining options. Admission and parking are free and open to the public.

Quantum Auditions

Quantum will host auditions for its production of “Avenue Q” from 1 to 6 p.m. on Saturday in the University Center Flamingo Ballroom D.  Those interested in auditioning are asked to prepare a one-minute contemporary monologue and 16 bars of a modern musical theatre song.

Service Day

The Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service 2014 will take place on Monday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Volunteers will work alongside community members to transform Homestead Middle School in the City of Homestead. Service projects include painting murals, planting gardens, landscaping and building benches. For more information, visit the Butler Center for Service and Leadership in the Student Activities Center (SAC 204).

Ashley Martinez may be emailed at news@themiamihurricane.com.