Speak up: What was the best thing that happened this semester?

Kelly Murphy, freshman

“The best thing was Homecoming week and all the events that led up to it, especially the fireworks and boat burning.”

Pablo Escobar, senior

“I got paid to go to a conference of professional engineers in Indianapolis, and I got a job out of it starting in January.”

Julienne Gede, second-year law student

“Ray Lewis. Hands down.”

Elijah Kirkland-Andrews, freshman

“Moving to Miami and getting to see Arcade Fire in concert in Little Haiti.”

Dominique Fairley, freshman 

“I think I learned a lot about myself with regards to academics and social.”

Gabriela Contreras, junior

“We beat the Gators. So that’s pretty good. It was a fun game.”

Kenneth Stransky, junior 

“The opening of the SAC. I think it’s a big resource. It brings the community together.”

Namrata Palsule, freshman 

“Definitely the fireworks at homecoming. It made me feel part of the campus and part of the university.”

Part four of a five-part series on UM’s defense with the start of fall camp a month away: Cornerback ...

University of Miami head football coach Mark Richt was among the 20 coaches selected to the preseaso ...

Miami opens the Wooden Legacy against La Salle on Thanksgiving Day in Fullerton, Calif. ...