V's Take

Dear V: I need to make it to the finish line …

V,

So I think I’m going crazy. I’ve liked this guy for a bit but I think I might be getting bored. Also, I’m super stressed and I think that’s adding to it. I keep finding all these flaws in him, but really I think I’m just projecting. What’s wrong with me? What do I do?

Frustrated and Alone

Dear Kris Jenner,

We’ve all been there. We’re with someone, we like them and then for some reason it just fizzles out. It’s natural and it happens.

But if I were you, I would re-evaluate why you liked him in the first place. Sometimes we think things are dying down when a boy hasn’t made a move but that’s not necessarily always the case. For some people it just takes a while to get comfortable enough to get close enough to other people.

There’s also something to say about your attitude. If you’re stressed and you’re taking out on this poor guy then you’ll end up sad and alone and you’ll never get any. I don’t mean to be so blunt but if we keep looking for the flaws in other people then we’re never going to be able to get our crap together long enough for anyone to tolerate us.

What you should do is invite him to coffee at Starbucks and take a study break. I don’t care how many orgo tests you have next week, you need to take care of your sexual health.

And you’re right, Bruce Jenner had that weird facelift thing and his hair is thinning so it’s a little gross to look at but he’s an Olympic champion and that’s all that matters.

Advice Columnist

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...