Speak Up: How do you celebrate thanksgiving? What’s your favorite tradition?

David Dorcius, sophomore

“I usually take my family over to my best friend’s house. His mom is a chef, so we have a huge feast.”

Sydney Beasley, junior

“The full house. Family and friends always go to my grandma’s house for dinner, and I cook all day.”

Beja Turner, freshman

“I’m from a Louisiana family, so for Thanksgiving, we have a big crawfish boil.”

Erica Smale, senior

“I stay here for Thanksgiving and celebrate it with my friends.”

George Rodriguez, freshman

“Helping around the house with my grandparents. Hanging around with them is actually always nice.”

Jessica Trujillo, senior

“We break the wishbone and whoever gets the larger piece of the wishbone has good luck the rest of the year.”

Kaijing Hu, graduate student

“I spend the holiday with my friends and we’ll go to Washington D.C. and New York”

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...