Dear V

Dear V: I want a new toy …

V,

I was pretty excited because I asked this guy I thought was cute if he wanted to go to semi-formal with me. He said yes. But, I have a problem: I don’t want to go with him anymore. I’m scared he’ll be a boring date. What do I do? Is it too late to back out? What would I even tell him? Help!

Sincerely,

Bored and Alone

Dear Bridget Jones,

If you keep trying to find something better, you’ll never be content with what’s right in front of you.

I agree, Hugh Grant is a bad boy and he’s so much more exciting than Colin Firth at first – but when you really get down to the nitty gritty, he’s a two-timing manwhore who never cared about Renee Zellweger in the first place.

The fact of the matter is: If you invited him, you have to stick to it. Just because he may be a bit boring through texts or Facebook messages doesn’t mean that this behavior will translate to the dance floor. Large crowds and liquid courage often help people loosen up and have a good time, and there’s no reason why the same won’t be true for this guy.

If you’re absolutely dead set on uninviting him, then just tell him that your best friend wants you to take her boyfriend’s friend because she doesn’t want him to feel awkward with a bunch of girls. Or tell him that you got malaria and then magically get better 24 hours before the party. “I’m cured,” you’ll say as you load the bus with your roommate’s hot brother.

I would own up to your initial decision and go with this guy. Who knows? Maybe he’ll turn out to be one real weird motherfu*&^r.

Just don’t wear a super tight leather bunny outfit to Easter brunch. That ain’t cute for nobody.

Advice Columnist

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...