Dear V

Dear V: I want a new toy …

V,

I was pretty excited because I asked this guy I thought was cute if he wanted to go to semi-formal with me. He said yes. But, I have a problem: I don’t want to go with him anymore. I’m scared he’ll be a boring date. What do I do? Is it too late to back out? What would I even tell him? Help!

Sincerely,

Bored and Alone

Dear Bridget Jones,

If you keep trying to find something better, you’ll never be content with what’s right in front of you.

I agree, Hugh Grant is a bad boy and he’s so much more exciting than Colin Firth at first – but when you really get down to the nitty gritty, he’s a two-timing manwhore who never cared about Renee Zellweger in the first place.

The fact of the matter is: If you invited him, you have to stick to it. Just because he may be a bit boring through texts or Facebook messages doesn’t mean that this behavior will translate to the dance floor. Large crowds and liquid courage often help people loosen up and have a good time, and there’s no reason why the same won’t be true for this guy.

If you’re absolutely dead set on uninviting him, then just tell him that your best friend wants you to take her boyfriend’s friend because she doesn’t want him to feel awkward with a bunch of girls. Or tell him that you got malaria and then magically get better 24 hours before the party. “I’m cured,” you’ll say as you load the bus with your roommate’s hot brother.

I would own up to your initial decision and go with this guy. Who knows? Maybe he’ll turn out to be one real weird motherfu*&^r.

Just don’t wear a super tight leather bunny outfit to Easter brunch. That ain’t cute for nobody.

Advice Columnist

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...