V's Take

Dear V: Leaving the friend zone …

V,

I’m in quite the pickle, Dick. There’s this guy at UM that I’ve known my whole life basically. He hooked up with my best friend a few times right before college, but that was four years ago. I think he’s interested. Should I make a move or lay low?

A Sh**ty Friend

Dear Rachel in “Something Borrowed,”

Sometimes the universe throws us into unexpected circumstances that we can’t understand or really control.

Sharing lovers is honestly very weird, and sometimes even gross. Sure, you trust your friend to be a clean individual, but why put yourself in a situation where you’d be able to compare war stories from the bedroom? That could get real awkward real fast.

That being said, it’s important to let yourself be happy and explore any possibilities that come your way. Just because Rachel didn’t end up with Ethan and chose that wonderful hunk of a man Dex, doesn’t mean that you should discard this guy.

A girl needs a little bit of pleasure every once in a while, and since you guys are already friends, that intimacy should make for a great time in the sack.

You should talk to your friend and let her know what you’re planning to do. If she’s cool with it, then you’re good to go – no reason to feel guilty. But if she has a problem with it, you should take that into account. No relationship is ever fun if your friends aren’t behind you.

I’m sure she’ll understand and I’m sure you’ll get to have your fun.

Just remember, sisters before misters.

Advice Columnist

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Draft-eligible Canes players are getting increasing recog ...

Three days after the University of Miami announced that defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski was le ...

Not only are the Hurricanes in the mix for at least five high-end running backs for the 2019 class, ...

After assembling one of the nation’s best groups of skill position players in the 2018 recruiting cl ...

Coach Kool, AKA Craig Kuligowski, is gone from the University of Miami, which is entirely uncool wit ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

At the University of Miami, the professor has the last word on whether students can use their laptop ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (5-2) returns to the court on Friday at 4 p.m., as it ...

Continuing a season-opening, seven-game homestand, No. 24 Miami is looking for its second straight s ...

Former Hurricane guard signs 10-day contract with Indiana Pacers. ...

For the second straight game, Miami's starting pitcher looked in dominant form through the firs ...

The University of Miami track and field team will compete against fellow conference members at the 2 ...