Dear V

Dear V: Leaving the friend zone …

V,

I’m in quite the pickle, Dick. There’s this guy at UM that I’ve known my whole life basically. He hooked up with my best friend a few times right before college, but that was four years ago. I think he’s interested. Should I make a move or lay low?

A Sh**ty Friend

Dear Rachel in “Something Borrowed,”

Sometimes the universe throws us into unexpected circumstances that we can’t understand or really control.

Sharing lovers is honestly very weird, and sometimes even gross. Sure, you trust your friend to be a clean individual, but why put yourself in a situation where you’d be able to compare war stories from the bedroom? That could get real awkward real fast.

That being said, it’s important to let yourself be happy and explore any possibilities that come your way. Just because Rachel didn’t end up with Ethan and chose that wonderful hunk of a man Dex, doesn’t mean that you should discard this guy.

A girl needs a little bit of pleasure every once in a while, and since you guys are already friends, that intimacy should make for a great time in the sack.

You should talk to your friend and let her know what you’re planning to do. If she’s cool with it, then you’re good to go – no reason to feel guilty. But if she has a problem with it, you should take that into account. No relationship is ever fun if your friends aren’t behind you.

I’m sure she’ll understand and I’m sure you’ll get to have your fun.

Just remember, sisters before misters.

Advice Columnist

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The attorneys for University of Miami men’s basketball coach Jim Larrañaga expect indictments to be ...

Few could have imagined this scenario coming into Saturday’s University of Miami football game at ho ...

Alex Cora’s success hasn’t surprised Miami Hurricanes baseball coach Jim Morris. Cora, according to ...

Behind a historic performance from senior Olga Strantzali, the University of Miami volleyball team b ...

The Miami women's tennis team opened play Friday at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Pr ...

The Miami soccer team will conclude its 2017 home slate Sunday against Notre Dame and recognize its ...