Edge, Fashion

Add fashionable flare to the fall

Kane Wang, a senior double majoring in film & studio art: photography is wearing a Supreme shirt, ( the graphic is designed by an artist, he couldn't remember who) levi's jacket, leopard print belt, dark jeans, striped socks and doc martins.

Kane Wang, a senior double majoring in film & studio art: photography is wearing a Supreme shirt, ( the graphic is designed by an artist, he couldn’t remember who) levi’s jacket, leopard print belt, dark jeans, striped socks and doc martins.

With Thanksgiving break right around the corner, it’s time to flaunt your inner fashionista and fall in line with this autumn’s latest fashion trends. From top to bottom, here’s The Miami Hurricane’s list of your four fall must-haves that are versatile for both night and day.

Graphic T-shirts

Over the past few months, graphic T-shirts have been flying off the racks as shoppers pine for that casual chic look to rock anywhere from the grocery store to a local bar. The comfort of a simple tee is being paired with pops of color to give the classic staple an edge.

Leather

It looks like the leather trend from this year is here to stay as stylists prepare for that easy, breezy fall feel. The durable material can be made into every article of clothing imaginable, allowing Northerners to rock warm leather jackets on the street, while our Miamians can stick to their high-waisted leather shorts in South Beach. Adding leather pieces to any ensemble will spice up your overall image. 

Loafers

Both men and women are discovering a new league of classiness in this fall’s most wearable shoe – the loafer. Casual enough to go with a T-shirt and jeans, yet spiffy enough to wear to work, loafers offer undeniable comfort without forgoing their style. The increasingly trendy footwear can be found in all shapes, sizes and colors.

Black boots

Rounding out this season’s musts are a staple for every woman’s closet, and I’m not talking about red stilettos. Black boots are back to combat all the elements, or at least make it look like the environment’s getting colder. Similar to loafers, boots are easily coupled with a range of outfits depending on the occasion. Given that black can be worn with basically anything, these shoes can add a simple edge to any outfit without overpowering it.

Jordan Coyne

Gabrielle Beyer

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

University leaders from the Americas explore creating a Hemispheric University Consortium to work to ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team checks in at No. 39 in the Oracle/ITA rankings Tuesda ...

The University of Miami baseball team looks to close out a five-game homestand on a high note Wed., ...

The Miami women's tennis team moved up two places to No. 15 in this week's Oracle/ITA rank ...

Miami's women's track and field team entered the top-15 in the latest edition of the NCAA ...

Junior righthander Andrew Cabezas was recognized with ACC Pitcher of the Week honors after an outsta ...