Edge, Fashion

Add fashionable flare to the fall

Kane Wang, a senior double majoring in film & studio art: photography is wearing a Supreme shirt, ( the graphic is designed by an artist, he couldn't remember who) levi's jacket, leopard print belt, dark jeans, striped socks and doc martins.

Kane Wang, a senior double majoring in film & studio art: photography is wearing a Supreme shirt, ( the graphic is designed by an artist, he couldn’t remember who) levi’s jacket, leopard print belt, dark jeans, striped socks and doc martins.

With Thanksgiving break right around the corner, it’s time to flaunt your inner fashionista and fall in line with this autumn’s latest fashion trends. From top to bottom, here’s The Miami Hurricane’s list of your four fall must-haves that are versatile for both night and day.

Graphic T-shirts

Over the past few months, graphic T-shirts have been flying off the racks as shoppers pine for that casual chic look to rock anywhere from the grocery store to a local bar. The comfort of a simple tee is being paired with pops of color to give the classic staple an edge.

Leather

It looks like the leather trend from this year is here to stay as stylists prepare for that easy, breezy fall feel. The durable material can be made into every article of clothing imaginable, allowing Northerners to rock warm leather jackets on the street, while our Miamians can stick to their high-waisted leather shorts in South Beach. Adding leather pieces to any ensemble will spice up your overall image. 

Loafers

Both men and women are discovering a new league of classiness in this fall’s most wearable shoe – the loafer. Casual enough to go with a T-shirt and jeans, yet spiffy enough to wear to work, loafers offer undeniable comfort without forgoing their style. The increasingly trendy footwear can be found in all shapes, sizes and colors.

Black boots

Rounding out this season’s musts are a staple for every woman’s closet, and I’m not talking about red stilettos. Black boots are back to combat all the elements, or at least make it look like the environment’s getting colder. Similar to loafers, boots are easily coupled with a range of outfits depending on the occasion. Given that black can be worn with basically anything, these shoes can add a simple edge to any outfit without overpowering it.

Jordan Coyne

Gabrielle Beyer

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Week three of fall camp began today, and the first practice after Saturday’s first scrimmage of camp ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...