Photo

Provost Thomas LeBlanc Tapped into Iron Arrow

Provost Thomas LeBlanc was tapped into Iron Arrow Honor Society, the highest honor attained at the University of Miami, on Wednesday afternoon. President Donna E. Shalala expressed her sentiments of content in a statement released Wednesday. “I want to congratulate Iron Arrow on the tapping of a wonderful new class on Homecoming weekend that includes the selection of our Provost and Executive VP, Dr. Thomas LeBlanc,” she said. “Iron Arrow, founded in 1926 as the highest honor attained at the University of Miami, has been and remains the guardian and central repository of our UM history, traditions and culture. Please join me in welcoming an outstanding group of students, faculty and administrators, the Iron Arrow tapping class of fall 2013.”

Current Iron Arrow members lead Provost and Executive VP, Dr. Thomas LeBlanc from his office in the Ash Building to The Mound Wednesday afternoon. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Current Iron Arrow members lead Provost and Executive VP, Thomas LeBlanc from his office in the Ashe Building to the Mound on Wednesday afternoon. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

President Donna E. Shalala and [guy on right], along with other Iron Arrow members, welcome Dr. LeBlanc into Iron Arrow. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

President Donna E. Shalala, along with other Iron Arrow members, welcome LeBlanc into the Iron Arrow Honor Society. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Nick Gangemi

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

Miami's women's track and field team entered the top-15 in the latest edition of the NCAA ...

Junior righthander Andrew Cabezas was recognized with ACC Pitcher of the Week honors after an outsta ...

Hurricanes record their best round of tournament on Monday. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team highlighted its Senior Day with a 4-0 sweep against D ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up the regular season with its sixth straight vict ...