Crime and Safety, News

Crash claims student

Dino Ghilotti passed away from an automobile accident in May, a day after participating in commencement ceremonies.

According to a report published in The Miami Herald on Wednesday, no charges will be filed against the driver who was involved in the crash that killed Ghilotti.

Ghilotti was a passenger in a BMW driven by Allison Meyer on May 12 when her car collided with another driven by Rosalia Prado on San Amaro Drive and Bird Road. Both drivers were injured but recovering, said the report.

The Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office and Coral Gables traffic homicide investigators concluded the nearly six-month case Tuesday. The State Attorney’s Office did not file any charges because there were no criminal charges.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Part four of a five-part series on UM’s defense with the start of fall camp a month away: Cornerback ...

University of Miami head football coach Mark Richt was among the 20 coaches selected to the preseaso ...

Miami opens the Wooden Legacy against La Salle on Thanksgiving Day in Fullerton, Calif. ...