Crime and Safety, News

Crash claims student

Dino Ghilotti passed away from an automobile accident in May, a day after participating in commencement ceremonies.

According to a report published in The Miami Herald on Wednesday, no charges will be filed against the driver who was involved in the crash that killed Ghilotti.

Ghilotti was a passenger in a BMW driven by Allison Meyer on May 12 when her car collided with another driven by Rosalia Prado on San Amaro Drive and Bird Road. Both drivers were injured but recovering, said the report.

The Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office and Coral Gables traffic homicide investigators concluded the nearly six-month case Tuesday. The State Attorney’s Office did not file any charges because there were no criminal charges.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

The first University of Miami player to wear the coveted turnover chain will no longer play football ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...

Highlighted by a thrilling, three-set, top-five win by sophomore Estela Perez-Somarriba, the Miami w ...

The Canes won four events against FGCU on Saturday while also recording a total of 11 top-three fini ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...