Create a costume

Halloween is fast-approaching, and most people have their costumes and plans set. But if you’re one of the few who still hasn’t decided what they’re going to dress up as this year, you might be stressing. Here are some easy and cheap costume ideas for the unprepared trick-or-treater.

1. Minions: Loved the minions from “Despicable Me?” Grab a group of friends and dress up in overalls, yellow T-shirts and black goggles. Tie a yellow handkerchief to your heads and get ready to take over the world, a la Gru.

2. Macklemore: For this genius costume, all you really need is a fur mink coat, $20 in your pocket and a broken keyboard. Take a trip to a local thrift shop and wear all the ridiculous things you can find. Nix the broken keyboard and try looking for your grandfather’s stylish velour sweatsuit from the ‘70s.

3. Clueless: In the mood to get as dolled up as Cher Horowitz? Put on your best red dress, a feather boa and heels. Top off the outfit with some shopping bags from upscale department stores and you’re dressed to play the part.

4. Target Lady from “SNL:” If you’re a fan of Kristen Wiig, there’s no doubt you’ve laughed hysterically at every “SNL” sketch with Target Lady. Grab a red vest and stick the Target logo on it; of course, it needs to be paired with a damn good impression of Wiig’s character. If you’re feeling ambitious, sport a short bob with bangs.

5. Baby North West: Want to be the richest baby in the world? Sport a pair of Kanye’s signature clubbing glasses, wear a pacifier, and attach a cutout of an “N” on a headband and a “W” on your left arm, indicating the north and the west, respectively. You’ll be looking like a $1 million (or really, $40 million to be precise – that’s the 4-month-old’s net worth).

6. Gatsby: Yeah, it might be overdone. But Leo inspired us all to keep the classic ‘20s-inspired look alive. Find a flapper dress at any local costume shop or put on your suit and tie. You’ll be the life of the party, old sport.

Stephanie Parra

Editor-in-chief

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM female scientists share some insight on women in science, science in Hollywood and how Wonder Wom ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

The Atlantic Coast and Big Ten Conferences announced Monday, the University of Miami men's bask ...

Three members of the University of Miami men's tennis players have been selected as All-ACC Aca ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had four individuals selected to the 2017 Atlantic Co ...

A freshman from Stratham, N.H., Rebecca Ripley of the Miami women's basketball team sat down wi ...

University of Miami standout Shakima Wimbley is headed to the 2017 IAAF World Championships in Londo ...