Two students killed by a car in Pinecrest

Two University of Miami graduate students were killed by a car in Pinecrest Wednesday night.

Hao Liu and Ying Chen were in their first year of studying electrical and computer engineering. Both were international students from China.

There is an ongoing police investigation surrounding the events.

The counseling center is available for any students who have been impacted by the tragedy. For more information on the counseling center, call 305-284-5511 or visit miami.edu/sa/index.php/counseling_center.

The story will be updated as more details become available. 

Margaux Herrera

EDGE Editor

Michael Rumph, former Cane cornerback and current cornerbacks coach, has mentioned, along with every ...

N’Kosi Perry, definitely on the quiet side, met the media for the first time on Monday. He’s the Mia ...

On a day in which University of Miami football coach Mark Richt said veteran quarterbacks Malik Rosi ...

Week three of fall camp began today, and the first practice after Saturday’s first scrimmage of camp ...

Researchers use a powerful technique known as Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar to show an in ...

UM’s First Star Academy supports foster care youth. ...