V's Take

Dear V: This spell is as dry as the Sahara Desert …

I’ve been on a major dry spell lately. I don’t know what’s going on, I just can’t seem to find someone I like enough to let into my heart. I recently met this guy at a tailgate and he was nice enough but nothing to spark any emotions. What’s wrong with me? Am I just too busy looking for “the one?” What do I do? Please help!

Sincerely,

Pride and Prudeness

Dear Liz Lemon,

You need to get over the idea that you’re going to find a Matt Damon-shaped astronaut and come back to the real world.

“The One” is a fictional character created by Disney movies and romantic comedies. He doesn’t exist, and more importantly, he’s not coming to find you. Charming is too busy hooking up with the next red-headed hussy in a two-piece to realize that you’re even available – but I digress.

There is no such thing as letting someone “into your heart.” We’re in college – the only heart you should be concerning yourself with is that fake one you had to dissect in biology 101 (I’m clearly not a science major).

Don’t worry about opening up emotionally, this is the time in your life when you’re allowed to make out with strangers and meet new people. Take off the chastity belt and have some fun. Men are attracted to confidence. That’s maybe where you’ve gone wrong. You’re probably giving a vibe that says something along the lines of, “I want to maybe get it in, but first I have to fix my shirt because I don’t like the way I look right now, so please stop staring at me.” Get over yourself and man up.

Stick your chest out, pop out your booty and go get it. Fraternity men are thirsty and they don’t discriminate.

As far as that boy from the tailgate, if you’re not about it, you’re not about it. There’s nothing much you can do there.

Go find a lonely SAE.

Advice Columnist

Welcome to Bulletin Board Material, the Miami Herald’s weekday roundup covering everything in the So ...

RJ McIntosh grew up loving the University of Miami. So did Mark Walton. After all, both are from Sou ...

They have made their lists and checked them (at least) twice. And now, the final NFL draft boards fr ...

Remember Trent Harris, the Miami Hurricanes' sack leader everyone respected and raved about, th ...

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

University of Miami graduates will hear from a group of extraordinary leaders during this year’s com ...

Cross-curricular performances by Frost School of Music students and faculty increase community aware ...

High-tech space helmet technology, a lifelike infant simulator and 3D printing are featured at the U ...

The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science and NOAA have worked together for more than ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

After a double-bye, the fourth-seeded and No. 15-ranked Miami women's tennis team begins ACC Ch ...

The Hurricanes will compete in the 54-hole Austin Regional at the University of Texas Golf Club from ...

The Hurricanes are headed to Fayetteville, Ark., to compete at the inaugural National Relay Champion ...

For the final time in his storied career, Miami head coach Jim Morris and his Hurricanes will make t ...

The Hurricanes fell behind in the middle innings and could not recover Wednesday, dropping a midweek ...