News, Student Government

Student Government election results

Student Government Senate election results were announced Thursday at the Rock. Twenty-three students were elected, and one seat was not filled.

A runoff election will be held for the Stanford Residential College seat that will begin Monday and end Wednesday with results announced Wednesday afternoon.

In addition to electing senators, students were also able to vote on the student media referendum that will increase student fees by $6 each semester. The referendum passed and will help provide funding for The Miami Hurricane and WVUM.

School senators
College of Arts and Sciences: David Braka and Ishpreet Singh
Frost School of Music: Jacob Rudolph
School of Business: Matt Getzoff
School of Communication: Renee Pauline Perez
School of Education: Sam Jazzo
RSMAS: Grace Roskar

College/COMMUTER Senators

Hecht: Jo Napolitano
Mahoney: Melissa Wyatt
Pearson: O’Shane Elliot
University Village: Jared Payne
Eaton: Faith Desautels
Stanford: No seat filled. Runoff election to take place.
Commuter: Roly Calderin, Daniel Narciso and Megan McCrink

Class senators

Freshman: Adam Levine and Connor Masterson
Sophomore: Nicole Brown and Brianna Hathaway
Junior: Kelly Marie Castro and Emily York
Senior: Monica Bahamon and Jennifer Kesten

Alexander Gonzalez may be emailed at

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

UM spring practice begins Tuesday with heavy focus on the quarterback, with N’Kosi Perry and Jarren ...

It was just two and a half short months ago that the Miami Hurricanes walked off the field at Hard R ...

We are seeing another sign of a football program’s growing strength and maturation as Mark Richt unf ...

A six-pack of UM notes on a Friday: ▪ Four-star Oregon-based quarterback Michael Johnson Jr. told Ri ...

On the eve of her team’s NCAA Tournament opener, University of Miami coach Katie Meier took the oppo ...

Keeping a 30-year tradition, graduate students organize a fun-filled Hurricane Challenge for youngst ...

From bringing communities together to understanding the impacts of urbanization on the groundwater s ...

Novelist Jennine Capó Crucet’s book talk on March 20 explores belonging, identity, and what it means ...

Musical theatre students spent quality time learning (and laughing) with Avenue Q co-creator Jeff Ma ...

The University of Miami takes concrete steps to become the hemispheric university as it builds a rel ...

Miami's offense shook off a slow start to the series, and the Hurricanes departed Durham Bulls ...

View some of the best pictures from the No. 31 Miami women's tennis team's 5-2 victory ove ...

The No. 31 Miami women's tennis team posted its seventh win in the past eight outings by toppin ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team was just a point away from its first true road victor ...

The University of Miami rowing team closed out its spring opener at the 2018 Oak Ridge Cardinal Invi ...