Staff Speaks Up 10/7

Who has been the best speaker you’ve seen on  campus?

Assistant Multimedia Editor Danny Cepero: “I was able to interview Jon Landau, the producer of ‘Titanic’ and ‘Avatar,’ on campus and that has been one of my favorite memories here at UM. He spoke about his inspirations, experiences, how he got to where he is, and he gave us advice to succeed in the film industry.“

News Editor Alexander Gonzalez: “Gail Paster, former director of the Folger Shakespeare Library, has been my favorite speaker. Her lecture on ‘King Lear’ changed the way I think about this great play, and I can’t imagine what it takes to lead the world’s largest collection of Shakespeare materials.”

Opinion Editor Lyssa Goldberg: “Seeing Jane Goodall was one of my favorite experiences, mostly because when she posed for a picture with student media, she said, ‘One, two, three, chimpanzee.’”

Assistant Editor Ashley Martinez: “Temple Grandin is a pioneer in autism studies, and she is actually autistic, so hearing her first person account enriched my understanding of the disorder and its challenges.”

Managing Editor Nicky Diaz: “It was really interesting to hear Andy Cohen talk. He has so much experience in the entertainment industry and has achieved so much. It was great to hear what he thought of the industry’s future, considering he’s behind so many popular shows like ‘The Real Housewives’ and ‘Top Chef.’”

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...