Dear V

Dear V: My friends call me a cougar…

V,

I’m not sure why, but I always find myself attracted to younger guys. I’m 21, but most of the boys I like are 18 to 20 years old. My friends constantly make fun of me and call me a cradle-robber and a cougar. It’s not like I do it on purpose; it just so happens that the guys I find myself attracted to turn out to be younger than me. Is it really that bad? Should I try to overcome this?

Sincerely,

Mrs. Robinson

Dear Selena Gomez,

I’m going to preface all of this with the following: if you so wish to cradle-rob an immaculately sculpted member of One Direction and don’t feel like dealing with the older douches that populate Miami, by all means do so. You have my complete and total support in your fawning over Harry Styles.

Also, tell your friends to grow up. We’ve all been there. There is no shame in liking someone younger, so long as it’s legal. The general rule is that the youngest you should go is half your age plus seven, but since we’re still at a time in our lives when that means 17, you should probably stick to people that have, at the very least, graduated high school.

I tend to tell people to stay away from younger partners in general, just because it can be difficult to match up with somebody who may not be in the same place as you emotionally. But if you’re with someone younger and it’s going well, there’s no reason for letting anything stop you.

We’ve all heard the phrase, “age is just a number,” and I hate to say that and mean it, but it’s true. At the end of the day, dating someone three years younger or older than you doesn’t matter when what you want is some company for those lonely nights. And more importantly, a good lay is a good lay.

I know that ultimately Selena and Justin broke up, but that had less to do with the age difference and more to do with the fact that J. Biebs was acting like a giant ass, so don’t be discouraged.

Get on that cute freshman – he needs an older woman to whip him into shape.

Sincerely,

Advice Columnist

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Five of the greatest football players of all time were inducted into the Miami Hurricanes Ring of Ho ...

View photos from the Georgia Tech at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Mia ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...