Cut corners, costs

Now a month into the semester, your funds are dwindling. Why can’t Jamba Juice be free? Why do you always forget how much parking will cost you? Fear not. This guide will help you save cash and get filthy rich in no time.

Go dumpster diving.

Afraid of getting dirty? Who are you kidding? You’ve been to frat parties.

Stop using laundry detergent.

Who needs laundry detergent when there are soap dispensers all over campus? You own Tupperware. Stock up

Make your own protein powder.

Think like your ancient ancestors and rely on the natural world to help you achieve that coveted frat look, rather than GMC. How much protein is in grass? How much protein is in a lizard? What about gravel? You have a blender. Discover what works best, and don’t tell your friends when you find out.

Shave your head.

Shampoo, conditioner and hair products get expensive. Haircuts get expensive, too. So just rid yourself of hair entirely.

Help yourself at restaurants.

There’s no rule against helping yourself to as many napkins as you need. The same goes for ketchup packets. When you leave the table, shove enough creamers into your purse to fill up a milk glass at home. Pockets are for salt and pepper packets. Bras should be stuffed with aspartame-free sugar.

Save your bucks at the bar.

Bring your own pint in a flask, order a Coke and mix yourself a drink. The bartender can use a break. And don’t try to impress anyone by buying them drinks. You’ll be enjoying your considerably cheaper beverage, laughing at everyone who hasn’t yet figured out how to save money like a grown up.

Hunter Wright is a sophomore majoring in creative writing.

Hunter Wright

Dewan Huell will be wearing green and orange for at least another year. Huell announced Saturday on ...

Their bats and gloves and baseball skills weren't enough Thursday night. Now, the Miami Hurrica ...

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

Alumna and faculty member shares lessons and learning about racial identity in free parent community ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

The Canes wrapped up a stormy weekend at the NCAA East Preliminary with their final two qualifiers f ...

Miami native pulls name out of NBA Draft process. ...

Stormy weather in the Gulf of Mexico may have delayed Friday's competition, but wind and rain c ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and freshman Adria Soriano were edged by Florida's ...