Dear V

Dear V: I want my ex back … as my best friend …

V,

So I recently made the stupid mistake of allowing my closest friend – the guy I trusted everything to and who I talked with every day – to become my boyfriend after months of him crying to me about it. He was very quick to say he loved me, but I was scared to tell him the same because I didn’t know what love was supposed to feel like. However, he soon broke up with me, and I was left to realize that he was my first true love. I miss having him terribly, but I’ve already started moving on from seeing him as my boyfriend. However, I have no clue how to see him now.

Now, he says he still wants to be my friend, but we barely talk. He doesn’t pick up or call, and he usually takes hours or days to respond to me if I ever send him a message. Sometimes, I feel like we are almost strangers trying to avoid each other. 

Is there anyway you think I can get my friend back? Or must I deal with the loss of not only my first love, but also of my best and closest friend at the same time? And how should I act around him? Whenever I see him, I either get stupidly flirty or I freeze up and can barely say anything or make eye contact. 

Thanks,

Confused X

Dear Lizzie McGuire,

You should have listened to Mrs. Ungermyer and stayed far, far away. If we learned anything from preteen television, it’s that best friend relationships either go extremely well or turn upside down and make everyone miserable.

I understand the appeal of dating your friend – you already know each other, you’re comfortable together and his parents love you. What could go wrong?

If he was whining about being in a relationship with you and then decided to just hit it and quit it, then he’s a backstabbing, slut-faced hoebag, and he doesn’t deserve your time.

Confused boys are absolutely the worst. They think they can just throw caution to the wind and change their minds at the drop of a hat. Realistically, this is not the kind of person you want to be with. I’m not sure what your exact situation is, but if he’s acting like a pansy, he needs to get his crap together and be an adult.

The best way to get your friend back is to ignore him. I know that’s easier said than done, but trust me on this one, the more you pull away, the more he’ll miss your company.

In the meantime, find an Italian boy to buy you carbs by the Trevi Fountain. Just don’t eat too much, you don’t want to get bloated.

Advice Columnist

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Dear V: I want my ex back … as my best friend …”

1. joan ginther says:

i want to testify in fulfillment to my vow to the prophet that helped me got my ex back. good day my name is joan ginther

i was hapily married for 5 years and in the 6th year me and my husband started having issue and it escalated when i got a

contract in africa. before living for the contract he had already told me that i shouldn’t bother thinking i had him that

as soon as i am back we will sign divorce papers as he will start the processing ASAP.I cried for a long time and even

before i left for Africa he was already seeing another woman. getting to Africa i had a friend in my place of work whom

Noticed i was always down and gave me a listening ear i told her all that had happened between me and him and she took me

to this prophet who help me got my ex back and he performed a love spell and in less than 48 hours my ex contacted me

begging to have me back at any cost. seriously it was like a dream to me because i never believed in spell and in my

excitement i promised this prophet that i will tell the world about what he has done for me and this is what i am doing

now he has also helped some of my friends over here in U.S to solve other issues apart from relationship issues. for you

out there passing through one difficulty or the other contact this great prophet of our time on his email

prophetchua@gmail.com or you can simply call his mobile +2348145696854 his spell is to better life and has no adverse

effect. sorry for the mail if you are not interested ignore it I just want to reach out to the those in need.

Duke Johnson, the all-time leading rusher in Miami Hurricanes history, was one of a dozen members of ...

The Miami Hurricanes, still waiting for a starting quarterback to be named, are in the top 25 again. ...

Happy first day of school for everyone out there, including the University of Miami students. We jus ...