News Briefs 9/23

Tickets Available

Tickets for “An Evening with Ray Lewis” will be distributed at 8 a.m. Monday at the UC Ticket Window. Students with a valid Cane Card can receive one ticket for the 6 p.m. or the 8 p.m. presentation on Oct. 2. The event is a collaboration between Hurricane Productions and Student Government. For more information, visit facebook.com/events/586487098064115.

Heritage Month

The opening ceremonies for Hispanic Heritage Month will take place from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at the UC Rock. The festivities continue at 7 p.m. Friday with “Salsa Dance: Learn the Movement” in the UC Flamingo Ballrooms. Latin Cuisine will be served in the Hecht-Stanford and Mahoney-Pearson dining halls on Oct. 2.

Free Concert

A free one-hour electronic music extravaganza, 60 X 60, will take place at 8 p.m. Monday in the Clarke Recital Hall in the Weeks Center for Recording and Performance. Featuring new works by faculty and students, there will be 60 one-minute slices of back-to-back music. The 60 X 60 events are presented around the world featuring music by up-and-coming as well as established composers in an audience-friendly order.

Ashley Martinez may be emailed at amartinez@themiamihurricane.com.

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...