News Briefs 9/23

Tickets Available

Tickets for “An Evening with Ray Lewis” will be distributed at 8 a.m. Monday at the UC Ticket Window. Students with a valid Cane Card can receive one ticket for the 6 p.m. or the 8 p.m. presentation on Oct. 2. The event is a collaboration between Hurricane Productions and Student Government. For more information, visit facebook.com/events/586487098064115.

Heritage Month

The opening ceremonies for Hispanic Heritage Month will take place from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at the UC Rock. The festivities continue at 7 p.m. Friday with “Salsa Dance: Learn the Movement” in the UC Flamingo Ballrooms. Latin Cuisine will be served in the Hecht-Stanford and Mahoney-Pearson dining halls on Oct. 2.

Free Concert

A free one-hour electronic music extravaganza, 60 X 60, will take place at 8 p.m. Monday in the Clarke Recital Hall in the Weeks Center for Recording and Performance. Featuring new works by faculty and students, there will be 60 one-minute slices of back-to-back music. The 60 X 60 events are presented around the world featuring music by up-and-coming as well as established composers in an audience-friendly order.

Ashley Martinez may be emailed at amartinez@themiamihurricane.com.

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he didn’t hesitat ...

1. DOLPHINS: Miami seeks revenge vs. hated, Stinkin' Jets: Dolphins host Jets Sunday with Miami ...

Notes and observations on UM’s 27-19 win against Syracuse: • A UM source said Mark Richt seemed more ...

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

The Miami women's tennis team split its eight matches on its second day of competition at the I ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...