News Briefs 9/19

A Better High

Author of “A Better High,” Matt Bellace will be speaking at 7 p.m. on Thursday in the SAC Center Ballroom. The event is sponsored by Pier 21. As a comedian and clinical psychologist, Bellace is bringing his unique message about alcohol and other drugs to campus in this interactive program. For more information, visit Miami.edu/Pier21 or Facebook.com/UMPier21.

Miami Bash 

End summer with a bash on Friday at 8 p.m. at the Student Activities Center. Canes After Dark will provide barbecue from Shorty’s, smoothies, photo post cards and a comedy show by Alfred and Seymour. This new monthly tradition features music, food, giveaways and entertainment, all for free.

Football Game

Cheer on the Canes at 7 p.m. Saturday as they play against Savannah State. Tickets are available at canestix.com. Buses will depart the BankUnited Center at 4 p.m. and the first return bus begins at halftime. A valid Cane Card is required to board the bus.

Ashley Martinez may be emailed at amartinez@themiamihurricane.com. 

Ashley Martinez

Ashley Martinez is a senior majoring in journalism and psychology, which have sharpened her people-watching skills. She has worked as a staff writer, copy editor, assistant editor and is now the Edge arts and entertainment editor at The Miami Hurricane. She serves as the president of UM's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. Her work has been featured in The Hurricane, Distraction Magazine, The Communique, Gables Home Page and The Miami Herald. When she's not working on a story, she loves going to the theatre and singing show tunes.

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...