V.Online

V.Online: Hats off to the original!

I’m one of those people that is a firm believer that nothing is ever as good as the first. I don’t like sequels or trilogies and when they change the actors it makes me mad (Re: The Hulk in The Avengers).

But the original V wrote me an email recently (sometimes I’m sappy so bear with me). I was so happy to be able to carry on that legacy and “sassypants voice” that dear Vanessa Cutler thought up so many moons ago. I may not be the same as the original but I’m sure as hell here to whip out the sass.

I may have to rethink my policy on sequels and part twos.

Thanks so much for writing, Vanessa! Hope I keep making you proud!

Write me if you ever need anything.

Check out the email below.

Advice Columnist

University of Miami running back Mark Walton was rolling — until he got rolled on, or stepped on. Wa ...

University of Miami safety Sheldrick Redwine got to wear the gaudy (but beautiful to Canes and their ...

This just in: University of Miami at Florida State will kick off in Tallahassee at 3:30 p.m. on Oct. ...

For those concerned about the apparent on-field struggles of graduate transfer Dee Delaney, an All-A ...

This week’s Top 25 college-affiliated football polls, released Sunday afternoon, agreed on how to ta ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

University of Miami women's golfer Dewi Weber wasted little time this season in adding to her a ...

The University of Miami's football game at Florida State on Oct. 7 will kick off at 3:30 p.m. E ...

Walton rushes for career-high 204 yards and Rosier has four touchdowns in Miami's comeback vict ...

The University of Miami volleyball team outlasted Virginia, 3-2, in Atlantic Coast Conference action ...

Junior golfer Dewi Weber highlighted second round action for the University of Miami women's go ...