Football, Photo, Sports

A succession of Saturday’s win over Florida

The UM marching band provided pre-game entertainment. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

The Band of the Hour provides pregame entertainment. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Sophomore Duke Johnson (8) powers past a Gators defender. The Hurricanes defeated the Gators 21-16. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Phillip Dorsett (4) celebrates with Herb Waters (6) after scoring the first touchdown of the game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Phillip Dorsett’s early touchdown fired up players and fans. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Joey McNeill (26) and Josh Johnson (21) celebrate during the game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Coach Al Golden rallies players and brings energy to the team. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Head coach Al Golden rallies players and brings energy to the team. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Miami’s defense played a key role in Saturday’s game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Senior Paul Kelly (61) fires up the crowd during Saturday's game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Senior Paul Kelly (61) fires up the crowd during Saturday’s game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Coach Golden hugs junior Jon Feliciano after the game against UF. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Golden hugs junior Jon Feliciano (70) after the game against UF. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Players celebrate their defeat over the Gators. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Akil Kraig (47) reacts to the Canes win against the Gators on Saturday afternoon. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Clive Walford #46 and Stephen Morris #17 get ready to back up Duke Johnson #8 as he argues with an opposing player after a rough play. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Clive Walford (46) and Stephen Morris (17) get ready to back up Duke Johnson (8) as he argues with an opposing player after a rough play. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

During the second quarter Clive Walford #46 runs with the ball hoping to get the team a few yards closer to scoring a touchdown. Melissa Mallin //  Contributing Photographer

During the second quarter, Clive Walford (46) runs with the ball hoping to get the team a few yards closer to scoring a touchdown. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Herb Waters #6 is caught mid-tackle during the third quarter of the game. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Herb Waters (6) is caught mid-tackle during the third quarter of the game. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Alex Figueroa #36 tackles his opponent during the second half of the game. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Alex Figueroa (36) tackles his opponent during the second half of the game. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Monica Herndon

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “A succession of Saturday’s win over Florida”

1. That’s my Miami Hurraine’s!!!! Ha ha ha from Pauline McPherson-Thomas from Miami, FL

The Miami Hurricanes are 2-0 when these two things happen: Michael Mediavilla starts, and Michael Bu ...

If Miami Hurricanes fans were hoping to hear that one quarterback charged forward with such authorit ...

The Florida State Seminoles came through in the clutch. The Miami Hurricanes did not. That pretty mu ...

The Jerry’s Pizza of Mark Richt’s youth is gone, but Fran’s Chicken Haven — “If the Colonel had our ...

Hey, Hurricane basketball fans, do you ever sit around and wonder whatever happened to Guillermo Dia ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Carlos Bustamante, a Presidential Distinguished Scholar, kicked off his series of lectures about gen ...

Edward Abraham, M.D., has been named Dean of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Med ...

Junior Kristiana Yao is the first named at UM in the last 33 years. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team is set to play its final match of the regular season ...

Ebony Morrison & women's 4x100m won at Baylor, while Gabrielle Hesslau & Sean Grossman ...

Sunday's finale between the Miami Hurricanes and Florida State Seminoles (April 23) will be pla ...

The No. 39 Miami women's tennis team will play its final match of the regular season Sunday at ...

On a night when he connected for a grand slam against archrival Florida State in front of a sold-out ...