Football, Photo, Sports

A succession of Saturday’s win over Florida

The UM marching band provided pre-game entertainment. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

The Band of the Hour provides pregame entertainment. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Sophomore Duke Johnson (8) powers past a Gators defender. The Hurricanes defeated the Gators 21-16. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Phillip Dorsett (4) celebrates with Herb Waters (6) after scoring the first touchdown of the game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Phillip Dorsett’s early touchdown fired up players and fans. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Joey McNeill (26) and Josh Johnson (21) celebrate during the game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Coach Al Golden rallies players and brings energy to the team. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Head coach Al Golden rallies players and brings energy to the team. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Miami’s defense played a key role in Saturday’s game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Senior Paul Kelly (61) fires up the crowd during Saturday's game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Senior Paul Kelly (61) fires up the crowd during Saturday’s game. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Coach Golden hugs junior Jon Feliciano after the game against UF. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Golden hugs junior Jon Feliciano (70) after the game against UF. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Players celebrate their defeat over the Gators. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Akil Kraig (47) reacts to the Canes win against the Gators on Saturday afternoon. Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

Clive Walford #46 and Stephen Morris #17 get ready to back up Duke Johnson #8 as he argues with an opposing player after a rough play. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Clive Walford (46) and Stephen Morris (17) get ready to back up Duke Johnson (8) as he argues with an opposing player after a rough play. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

During the second quarter Clive Walford #46 runs with the ball hoping to get the team a few yards closer to scoring a touchdown. Melissa Mallin //  Contributing Photographer

During the second quarter, Clive Walford (46) runs with the ball hoping to get the team a few yards closer to scoring a touchdown. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Herb Waters #6 is caught mid-tackle during the third quarter of the game. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Herb Waters (6) is caught mid-tackle during the third quarter of the game. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Alex Figueroa #36 tackles his opponent during the second half of the game. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Alex Figueroa (36) tackles his opponent during the second half of the game. Melissa Mallin // Contributing Photographer

Monica Herndon

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “A succession of Saturday’s win over Florida”

1. That’s my Miami Hurraine’s!!!! Ha ha ha from Pauline McPherson-Thomas from Miami, FL

View photos of teenage recruits being taught by UM legends at Paradise Camp Saturday, July 22, 2017. ...

Mark Richt’s weekend began with a bunch of ninth- and 10th-grade recruits on Friday at a University ...

The name conjures images of tranquil waters, lush palm trees and cool breezes. The faces conjure ima ...

A heap of preseason accolades are being showered daily on the University of Miami football players. ...

James Jones, who starred at Hialeah American High School, the University of Miami and was a part of ...

Looking back on 15 years of the University of Miami Business Plan Competition, hosted by the School ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

Value in the Era of Analytics ...

Summer Creative Writing Camp Inspires Young Writers to Release Their Emotions Onto the Page. ...

Gomez, an expert on human values and attitudes in post-Castro Cuba, will serve as interim director o ...