Edge, Music

One Direction announces release date for third studio album

On the heels of the release of their 3-D concert film “This Is Us,” One Direction has announced that the band will release its third studio album titled “Midnight Memories” on Nov. 25.

The scheduled release date falls just after the boys finish their first world tour. The record will include “Best Song Ever,” which was featured in “This Is Us.”

The boy band, which was put together by Simon Cowell on “The X Factor UK,” made history with the release of their first album, “Up All Night,” in the U.S. last year; they are the first UK band ever to debut at No. 1 in the states. They released their second album, “Take Me Home,” in November 2012.

Although their current tour is not over, One Direction has their 2014 worldwide stadium Where We Are tour already planned out. Dates for the UK and South America have been announced; it has been confirmed that the boys will be touring the U.S. as well, but dates for the U.S. leg have not been announced yet.

For updates and more information about One Direction’s 2014 tour and “Midnight Memories,” visit onedirectionmusic.com.

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “One Direction announces release date for third studio album”

1. Omgg i total wanna go to Their concert in 2014 !!! That will be the girar time ever seeing them!!

Could the once forlorn University of Miami be closer than some think to extending that national-reco ...

A few media notes on a Thursday: • As has been the case most years, ABC has decided to televise the ...

Most of the University of Miami student body is on Summer break; but the Hurricanes football team is ...

University of Miami football great Cortez Kennedy, a Pro Football Hall of Famer remembered for his w ...

The Hurricanes are still alive in their quest to make it to the NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament. ...

A new study reveals that mindfulness training, but not relaxation training, benefits college athlete ...

Frenk delivered his inaugural lecture Wednesday, officially joining the most prestigious group of Me ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

Five members of the University of Maimi track and field team advanced on Day 1 of the NCAA East Prel ...

No. 40 Estela Perez-Somarriba took down No. 27 Arianne Hartono of Ole Miss, 6-4, 6-3, Thursday morni ...

Jonathan Keller and Amanda Gale of the University of Miami track and field program were named to the ...

The University of Miami's Week 3 game at in-state rival Florida State on Sept. 16 will be telev ...

Due to inclement weather, the ACC Championship has adjusted the scheduled for games and Miami will n ...