Photo

The Week in Photos: 8/21 – 8/28

New students were welcomed to the University of Miami during Wednesday night's Cane Kickoff event located in the Bank United Center. Men's Basketball head coach Jim Larranaga high-fives Women's Basketball head coach Katie Meier.  Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

New students were welcomed to the University of Miami Wednesday night at Cane Kickoff located in the BankUnited Center. Men’s basketball head coach Jim Larranaga high-fives women’s basketball head coach Katie Meier.
Nick Gangemi // Assistant Photo Editor

[fresh_divider style=”solid”]
Former UM basketball player Shane Larkin signed autographs at at a meet and greet at All Canes in Coral Gables on Saturday August 24th. After two seasons with the Canes, Larkin entered the NBA draft this past spring and now plays for the Dallas Mavericks. Monica Herndon // Photo Editor

Former UM basketball player Shane Larkin signed autographs at a meet-and-greet Saturday at AllCanes in Coral Gables. After two seasons with the Canes, Larkin entered the NBA draft this past spring and now plays for the Dallas Mavericks. Monica Herndon // Photo Editor

[fresh_divider style=”solid”]
Freshman Nikhil Delahaye dances for the crowd of freshman and transfer students at the new student picnic on Sunday. The picnic is typically held at President Shalala's house in the Gables, but was moved into the BankUnited Center after a rainy morning. Holly Bensur // Staff Photographer

Freshman Nikhil Delahaye dances for the crowd of freshman and transfer students at Sunday’s new student picnic. The picnic is typically held at President Shalala’s house in the Gables, but was moved to the BankUnited Center after a rainy morning. Holly Bensur // Staff Photographer

[fresh_divider style=”solid”]
The Band of the Hour Hurricanettes perform at the new student picnic held Sunday night in the BankUnited Center. Holly Bensur // Staff Photographer

The Band of the Hour Hurricanettes perform at Sunday’s new student picnic in the BankUnited Center. Holly Bensur // Staff Photographer

[fresh_divider style=”solid”]
Sebastian welcomes students and guests into the new Student Activities Center at the official opening ceremony on Monday August 26th. Monica Herndon // Photo Editor

Sebastian the Ibis welcomes students and guests to the new Student Activities Center at the official opening ceremony Monday. Monica Herndon // Photo Editor

Monica Herndon

Darrell Langham, the redshirt junior receiver who caused an uproar among Miami Hurricanes fans the p ...

This news release just in from the University of Miami, another impressive class about to be inducte ...

The University of Miami men’s basketball team got a welcome dose of good news on Monday night. Verno ...

After a disheartening week of practice injury-wise following the University of Miami’s victory at Fl ...

University of Miami’s highly-touted freshman Lonnie Walker, who had surgery for a torn right meniscu ...

Darrell Langham has been a hero twice this season, but his path to prominence has been a long one. ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame has announced the Class of 2018 inductees for the 50th A ...

Senior diver Wally Layland was recognized for her standout performance at the SMU Classic with ACC C ...

University of Miami freshman Lonnie Walker IV was among 20 players named to the watch list for the 2 ...

The Miami Hurricanes will begin preparation for the 2018 season when fall practice commences Wed., O ...