We would rather not see Miley Cyrus again on the VMAs

Consider this an open letter to one Destiny Hope Cyrus:

Miley, we get it. You’re all grown up. Gone are the days of Hannah Montana and Mickey Mouse.

You no longer fraternize with Emily Osment, and instead of partying in the USA, you party in Amsterdam or somewhere else where salvia is legal.

I understand your desire to be respected as an adult and break away from the image of your former young self, but I assure you this is not the way to do it.

I have to admit that when “We Can’t Stop” came out, I actually couldn’t stop listening to it. It became this not-so-guilty pleasure and a constant repeat in my “G.N.O.” playlist.

I respected you for doing your own thing and, even though the music video freaked me out, I let it slide because maybe that’s just how you visualized your song. I had no idea this would turn into a permanent thing for you.

Maybe you’re just being Miley, but after your performance at the VMAs, enough is enough. Stop sticking your tongue out. It’s gross.

Do us all a favor – stop making yourself look like the Cynthia doll in “Rugrats.” It’s not a flattering look. You have such good bone structure, so why are you ruining it? Plus that hairdo is so ‘90s that it’s actually giving me flashbacks of Scary Spice (but not in a chic Victoria Beckham way).

And now you have a new song called “Twerk?” With Justin Bieber? Are you kidding me? Have some self-respect and lay low. We’re all still scarred from the VMAs performance, and we don’t even want to think about you “twerking.”

If you feel the need to be different, take some pointers from people who do it well, like Katy Perry.

P.S. Congratulations on getting what you wanted – at least now people are talking about you. I really wish CNN had better things to air.

Erika Glass is a junior majoring in broadcast journalism.

Erika Glass

Multimedia Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “We would rather not see Miley Cyrus again on the VMAs”

1. latam says:

hard hitting journalism

The Hurricanes and Colonials square off at noon Saturday in Washington, D.C. ...

University of Miami men's basketball player Chris Stowell is an active member in the Hurricanes ...