V.Online

V.Online: Bad lighting and worse taste

I went to the gym for the first time in eons today and I am 100 percent convinced that fluorescent lights exist for the sole purpose of making people look soft and blotchy.

I would like to point out that I’m not the fittest person on the planet but please, if a 20-something-year-old doesn’t get naked in the middle of the locker room, neither should you, grandma. Never mind the fact that your peak physical state has long since passed – you should know (from your millennia of experience) which lighting does and doesn’t suit you.

Every time Barbara Walters is on air her shot is just a teeny tiny bit out of focus. Everything is smooth, creamy and pastel-y. Why? Because Barbara knows a little something about image preservation. Get with the times, people. Unflattering pictures of anyone and everyone plague the deep (and sometimes not-so-deep), dark, corners of the Internet.

Next time it could be you.

There’s also a whole “Real Housewives of UM” thing going on in there and I really can’t deal with it. Their first world problems are too much for me to handle – I don’t think I’m ever going back.

Though whenever I need a reliable plumber I’ll know who to ask.

Until next time,

Advice Columnist

Could the once forlorn University of Miami be closer than some think to extending that national-reco ...

A few media notes on a Thursday: • As has been the case most years, ABC has decided to televise the ...

Most of the University of Miami student body is on Summer break; but the Hurricanes football team is ...

University of Miami football great Cortez Kennedy, a Pro Football Hall of Famer remembered for his w ...

The Hurricanes are still alive in their quest to make it to the NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament. ...

A new study reveals that mindfulness training, but not relaxation training, benefits college athlete ...

Frenk delivered his inaugural lecture Wednesday, officially joining the most prestigious group of Me ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

Five members of the University of Maimi track and field team advanced on Day 1 of the NCAA East Prel ...

No. 40 Estela Perez-Somarriba took down No. 27 Arianne Hartono of Ole Miss, 6-4, 6-3, Thursday morni ...

Jonathan Keller and Amanda Gale of the University of Miami track and field program were named to the ...

The University of Miami's Week 3 game at in-state rival Florida State on Sept. 16 will be telev ...

Due to inclement weather, the ACC Championship has adjusted the scheduled for games and Miami will n ...