Edge, Music

Little Mix visits Miami while touring U.S.

SDC10952

Little Mix made a stop in Miami while promoting its debut album, “DNA,” across the U.S. Photo by Nicky Diaz

Hundreds of Mixers filled Dolphin Mall Saturday afternoon for UK girl group Little Mix’s performance and signing.

The girls – Perrie Edwards, Jesy Nelson, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Jade Thirlwall – made a stop in Miami while traveling across the U.S. to promote their debut album, “DNA.” They have already held meet and greets in several cities, including Boston, New York City and Rochester.

Little Mix will continue their U.S. promotion tour in June, visiting Chicago, Detroit, San Francisco and Los Angeles. They will also perform on “Good Morning America” on Friday as part of the TV show’s summer concert series in Central Park.

The girl group, which won “The X Factor UK” in 2011 (the first group to do so), held a contest for fans where the winning country would be awarded with a promotional tour including signings and meet and greets. The U.S. won the competition and Miami brought in the most points. Miami Mixers were awarded with a signing as well as a performance.

SDC10913

Jade Thirlwall, Perrie Edwards and Jesy Nelson (left to right) performed at Dolphin Mall on Saturday afternoon for hundreds of Miami Mixers. Photo by Nicky Diaz

Little Mix sang several songs off their album during the gig, including “Wings,” “How You Doin’” and “DNA.” Their incredible vocals and fun choreography pumped the crowd up despite the bad weather. The intimate setting let them connect with their fans easily.

The girls seemed to enjoy hanging out with their Miami Mixers. Thirlwall Tweeted from the group’s account (@LittleMixOffic): “Wow the biggest signing we’ve done thanks Miami mixers!” They also Tweeted pictures of some of the gifts fans gave them at the signing, including hats, posters and friendship necklaces.

Little Mix’s album is available in stores and on iTunes now. The girls’ single, “Wings,” was recently released in the U.S. as well.

For more information, check out the group’s official Twitter at @LittleMixOffic or visit little-mix.com/gb/home.

June 3, 2013

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

Could the once forlorn University of Miami be closer than some think to extending that national-reco ...

A few media notes on a Thursday: • As has been the case most years, ABC has decided to televise the ...

Most of the University of Miami student body is on Summer break; but the Hurricanes football team is ...

University of Miami football great Cortez Kennedy, a Pro Football Hall of Famer remembered for his w ...

The Hurricanes are still alive in their quest to make it to the NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament. ...

A new study reveals that mindfulness training, but not relaxation training, benefits college athlete ...

Frenk delivered his inaugural lecture Wednesday, officially joining the most prestigious group of Me ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

Five members of the University of Maimi track and field team advanced on Day 1 of the NCAA East Prel ...

No. 40 Estela Perez-Somarriba took down No. 27 Arianne Hartono of Ole Miss, 6-4, 6-3, Thursday morni ...

Jonathan Keller and Amanda Gale of the University of Miami track and field program were named to the ...

The University of Miami's Week 3 game at in-state rival Florida State on Sept. 16 will be telev ...

Due to inclement weather, the ACC Championship has adjusted the scheduled for games and Miami will n ...