Edge, Music

Little Mix visits Miami while touring U.S.

SDC10952

Little Mix made a stop in Miami while promoting its debut album, “DNA,” across the U.S. Photo by Nicky Diaz

Hundreds of Mixers filled Dolphin Mall Saturday afternoon for UK girl group Little Mix’s performance and signing.

The girls – Perrie Edwards, Jesy Nelson, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Jade Thirlwall – made a stop in Miami while traveling across the U.S. to promote their debut album, “DNA.” They have already held meet and greets in several cities, including Boston, New York City and Rochester.

Little Mix will continue their U.S. promotion tour in June, visiting Chicago, Detroit, San Francisco and Los Angeles. They will also perform on “Good Morning America” on Friday as part of the TV show’s summer concert series in Central Park.

The girl group, which won “The X Factor UK” in 2011 (the first group to do so), held a contest for fans where the winning country would be awarded with a promotional tour including signings and meet and greets. The U.S. won the competition and Miami brought in the most points. Miami Mixers were awarded with a signing as well as a performance.

SDC10913

Jade Thirlwall, Perrie Edwards and Jesy Nelson (left to right) performed at Dolphin Mall on Saturday afternoon for hundreds of Miami Mixers. Photo by Nicky Diaz

Little Mix sang several songs off their album during the gig, including “Wings,” “How You Doin’” and “DNA.” Their incredible vocals and fun choreography pumped the crowd up despite the bad weather. The intimate setting let them connect with their fans easily.

The girls seemed to enjoy hanging out with their Miami Mixers. Thirlwall Tweeted from the group’s account (@LittleMixOffic): “Wow the biggest signing we’ve done thanks Miami mixers!” They also Tweeted pictures of some of the gifts fans gave them at the signing, including hats, posters and friendship necklaces.

Little Mix’s album is available in stores and on iTunes now. The girls’ single, “Wings,” was recently released in the U.S. as well.

For more information, check out the group’s official Twitter at @LittleMixOffic or visit little-mix.com/gb/home.

June 3, 2013

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

James Jones, who starred at Hialeah American High School, the University of Miami and was a part of ...

A classic good news/bad news scenerio arose for Miami Hurricanes football at the recent Atlantic Coa ...

The University of Miami football players are not the only ones getting preseason accolades. The guys ...

Defending national champ Clemson led all Atlantic Coast Conference schools Wednesday with five playe ...

This was a neat idea that Peter King’s Monday Morning Quarterback website rolled out just as NFL tra ...

Gomez, an expert on human values and attitudes in post-Castro Cuba, will serve as interim director o ...

The University of Miami announced the appointment of Cindy Munro as the new dean of the School of Nu ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

University of Miami’s Office of Civic and Community Engagement harnesses technology to seek affordab ...

UM female scientists share some insight on women in science, science in Hollywood and how Wonder Wom ...