Edge, Music

Little Mix visits Miami while touring U.S.

SDC10952

Little Mix made a stop in Miami while promoting its debut album, “DNA,” across the U.S. Photo by Nicky Diaz

Hundreds of Mixers filled Dolphin Mall Saturday afternoon for UK girl group Little Mix’s performance and signing.

The girls – Perrie Edwards, Jesy Nelson, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Jade Thirlwall – made a stop in Miami while traveling across the U.S. to promote their debut album, “DNA.” They have already held meet and greets in several cities, including Boston, New York City and Rochester.

Little Mix will continue their U.S. promotion tour in June, visiting Chicago, Detroit, San Francisco and Los Angeles. They will also perform on “Good Morning America” on Friday as part of the TV show’s summer concert series in Central Park.

The girl group, which won “The X Factor UK” in 2011 (the first group to do so), held a contest for fans where the winning country would be awarded with a promotional tour including signings and meet and greets. The U.S. won the competition and Miami brought in the most points. Miami Mixers were awarded with a signing as well as a performance.

SDC10913

Jade Thirlwall, Perrie Edwards and Jesy Nelson (left to right) performed at Dolphin Mall on Saturday afternoon for hundreds of Miami Mixers. Photo by Nicky Diaz

Little Mix sang several songs off their album during the gig, including “Wings,” “How You Doin’” and “DNA.” Their incredible vocals and fun choreography pumped the crowd up despite the bad weather. The intimate setting let them connect with their fans easily.

The girls seemed to enjoy hanging out with their Miami Mixers. Thirlwall Tweeted from the group’s account (@LittleMixOffic): “Wow the biggest signing we’ve done thanks Miami mixers!” They also Tweeted pictures of some of the gifts fans gave them at the signing, including hats, posters and friendship necklaces.

Little Mix’s album is available in stores and on iTunes now. The girls’ single, “Wings,” was recently released in the U.S. as well.

For more information, check out the group’s official Twitter at @LittleMixOffic or visit little-mix.com/gb/home.

June 3, 2013

Nicky Diaz

Copy Chief

The Hurricanes wrapped up spring with a big, as in 6-5 and 290 pounds, surprise on Saturday. Four-st ...

Spring ended Saturday for the Miami Hurricanes, with hundreds of UM football alumni and family membe ...

One day left for the youngsters to show University of Miami coach Mark Richt what they can do. One d ...

Former Miami Norland High star Zach Johnson is coming home for his final year of college basketball. ...

They have been feted and adored for years by football fans from coast to coast. But legends Frank Go ...

The Energy and Conservation Organization was recognized with the 2018 Roberta “Bosey” Fulbright Foot ...

The Brazilian judge whose office spearheaded a massive corruption and bribery investigation said tha ...

The director of the University of Miami's Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, who passed away Ap ...

Business Professor Patricia Abril, and Trustee Stuart Miller receive Faculty Senate's highest h ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team wrapped up the regular season with its sixth straight vict ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team dropped its final Atlantic Coast Conference contest o ...

Frydlova and Grimstad each record 3-over 75 Sunday; Weber leads UM in 12th place. ...

The Hurricanes' rotation saved its best for last. ...

Sean Grossman broke the 30-minute mark to set a school record in the men's 10,000m at the Virgi ...