Rambo’s College Survival Guide: The art of pregaming

It’s a Friday night, and the only thing you want to do is forget about that C minus on your last chemistry test. You don’t achieve this by studying upcoming chapters, you do this by having a crazy night with all the other kids who flunked a test that week. Just like a romantic evening, this night has to start off with the right mood. There is only one way to do this – successfully pregaming.

Pregaming is an ancient tradition that dates back thousands of years to when the first caveman decided the only way he would be able to enjoy the night time mammoth hunt would be to sip on some spiked berry juice. The pregame guarantees a good night no matter if you end up with two hotties around your arms in a limo, or if you’re sitting in a booth at Taco Bell eating Doritos Locos Tacos alone. I’m usually sitting in the booth by the bathroom just in case you want to say hello.

Now do not go out and guy a 20 gallon keg and do upside down keg shots with just you and your best friend who gets all their advice from the movie Superbad. The idea is to actually have some fun, not puke in the cab 10 minutes after you leave the house. As fun as blacking out before making it to the party is, try and stay away after guzzling down more than you can handle. One or two shots will do the trick. Don’t mistake pregaming for a college drinking party – keep the cheap plastic beer pong tables for the end of the semester.

More important than what you drink during the pregame rituals, are the people that attend this event. Your ex from freshman year who keeps trying to follow your locked Twitter account probably should not be taking Vodka shots two feet away from you. Instead, invite the cutie from study hall and friends that are way less attractive than yourself … if you have any that is.

Kyle Rambo can’t decide on what he wants to major in so he takes out his frustration on the people that read his writing. He spends most of his time dunking Oreos in milk and watching old ’90s sitcom reruns. The only thing he likes more than complaining is his gel-filled hair.

Rambo’s College Survival Guide is a blog meant to save the student population from all the horrors that come with being a college student. As with this blog, never take life too seriously.

Too many people can be a bad thing and a two man pre-game can just be depressing. You have to find the middle ground between a police raided house party and drinking alone to old Tim McGraw songs.  The ideal scenario is a Miller Lite commercial without the overdose of bro.

Enjoy the inside jokes and making fun of what you’ll do later on that night. Really when you think about it, just hanging out with the people that are close to you is better than anything you’ll do after that. So let’s toast to the pre-game. In the end it’s all you’ll remember from the night. And the only thing worth remembering.

Kyle Rambo

The first University of Miami player to wear the coveted turnover chain will no longer play football ...

Four days had passed since his University of Miami basketball team squandered a 13-point second half ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ search for offensive line help is set to continue on the weekend of Jan. 26, w ...

It looks like Chad Thomas will have another opportunity to show NFL scouts that he is ready to play ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) returns to action on Sunday, as it travels to N ...

Highlighted by a thrilling, three-set, top-five win by sophomore Estela Perez-Somarriba, the Miami w ...

The Canes won four events against FGCU on Saturday while also recording a total of 11 top-three fini ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team (1-1) opened the spring portion of its 2017-18 schedu ...

The Miami women's basketball resumes play Sunday at 1 p.m., at Boston College with its northern ...