Rambo’s College Survival Guide: The art of pregaming

It’s a Friday night, and the only thing you want to do is forget about that C minus on your last chemistry test. You don’t achieve this by studying upcoming chapters, you do this by having a crazy night with all the other kids who flunked a test that week. Just like a romantic evening, this night has to start off with the right mood. There is only one way to do this – successfully pregaming.

Pregaming is an ancient tradition that dates back thousands of years to when the first caveman decided the only way he would be able to enjoy the night time mammoth hunt would be to sip on some spiked berry juice. The pregame guarantees a good night no matter if you end up with two hotties around your arms in a limo, or if you’re sitting in a booth at Taco Bell eating Doritos Locos Tacos alone. I’m usually sitting in the booth by the bathroom just in case you want to say hello.

Now do not go out and guy a 20 gallon keg and do upside down keg shots with just you and your best friend who gets all their advice from the movie Superbad. The idea is to actually have some fun, not puke in the cab 10 minutes after you leave the house. As fun as blacking out before making it to the party is, try and stay away after guzzling down more than you can handle. One or two shots will do the trick. Don’t mistake pregaming for a college drinking party – keep the cheap plastic beer pong tables for the end of the semester.

More important than what you drink during the pregame rituals, are the people that attend this event. Your ex from freshman year who keeps trying to follow your locked Twitter account probably should not be taking Vodka shots two feet away from you. Instead, invite the cutie from study hall and friends that are way less attractive than yourself … if you have any that is.

Kyle Rambo can’t decide on what he wants to major in so he takes out his frustration on the people that read his writing. He spends most of his time dunking Oreos in milk and watching old ’90s sitcom reruns. The only thing he likes more than complaining is his gel-filled hair.

Rambo’s College Survival Guide is a blog meant to save the student population from all the horrors that come with being a college student. As with this blog, never take life too seriously.

Too many people can be a bad thing and a two man pre-game can just be depressing. You have to find the middle ground between a police raided house party and drinking alone to old Tim McGraw songs.  The ideal scenario is a Miller Lite commercial without the overdose of bro.

Enjoy the inside jokes and making fun of what you’ll do later on that night. Really when you think about it, just hanging out with the people that are close to you is better than anything you’ll do after that. So let’s toast to the pre-game. In the end it’s all you’ll remember from the night. And the only thing worth remembering.

Kyle Rambo

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...