Dear V

Dear V: My mouth is doing more harm than good…

My boyfriend and I have a great relationship, and the sex is fantastic. We always have sex at his place because I have roommates, and he has a one-bedroom apartment. However, it has come to my attention that his neighbors started calling me Moaning Myrtle because of how loud I get, and I feel so embarrassed. So I refuse to have sex at his place, and my place is a no-go. What can we do?

Miserable Moaner

Dear Screeching Banshee,

I believe Moaning Myrtle died because she couldn’t fully fulfill her sexual desires. I am paraphrasing, but these people may be on to something besides your obnoxious sexy sounds. Don’t let the haters stop you from doing your “thang.”

I don’t understand why you’re so embarrassed. I would kill for a voice that matches my sexual pleasure. You’re only helping yourself. And your boyfriend definitely appreciates the extent of your “a-ha” moment.

Be proud and loud. Don’t let your boyfriend’s stupid friends, who probably need to watch some freaky fetish porn to get the same reaction, embarrass you.

Wear your “Moaning Myrtle” title with pride. There are, however, think of other ways to describe your gargantuan moaning: the jungle drums in every 15 minutes of “Jumanji,” the few moments before we see Kristen Wiig with Jon Hamm in “Bridesmaids,” or the sound of an iPhone’s car horn ringtone.

You should also remember that the quality of sex depends on the locale. Bedroom sex is safe and casual. Couch is passionate and troubled. The kitchen screams not enough time for a condom.

Try to find a comfortable motel that you can split. The worst-case scenario is to rent a public storage unit and take pride in paying for privacy. You can scream as loud as you want and even practice those moves that you’ve been downloading from your Kama Sutra app.

To be quite honest, you’re doing these people a favor. A wise character once said, “I can’t focus on my porn with all this real sex going on,” (“No Strings Attached,” 2011).

Take pride in the fact that your boyfriend’s neighbors no longer have to pay their monthly subscription to  porn hub.

Advice Columnist

One by one, they stepped up to the scale. First-round picks and long-shot prospects alike. Here, the ...

One day after the University of Miami announced that starting cornerback Malek Young would undergo “ ...

Miami Northwestern senior Nigel Bethel, a 5-11, 160-pounder who chose the Hurricanes over Central Fl ...

The University of Louisville coaching staff must have been puzzled watching tape of the Miami Hurric ...

It’s one thing for a player who’s projected to go in the first two rounds of the NFL Draft to turn p ...

Thirty high school English teachers from Brazil are spending six weeks at UM in a new skill-building ...

The Miami men's basketball team returns home at 8 p.m. Wednesday to battle Louisville at the so ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team has earned the first ACC Player of the ...

The Miami women's basketball team will take on fourth-ranked Louisville Thursday at 11 a.m., on ...

The No. 25/23 Miami men's basketball team shot a sizzling 57.6 percent from the field in pullin ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team picked up its third straight win in eight days ...