Blogs

As Told by Jackie: Dear Club Promoters, We’re over.

An Open Letter to Club Promoters

Dear Club Promoters,

What’s up bottle rat L*O*S*E*R*S? Have I mentioned to you lately how much I love when you do that star thing? Really attention-grabbing. Anyway, glad you could take time out of your busy day spent mass texting underage girls to read what I am sure will be one of the most RAGING BLOGPOSTS OF THE CENTURY at the WOLRD’S HOTTEST BLOG.

First off, kudos to you for taking on a second job on top of your 15 hours a week selling rhinestone shades at Sunglass Hut. Your hard work is the essence of the American dream. The hours a day you spend spamming my Facebook with event invites are inspirational; working nights just so you can feed a family of four comp’d bottles. Your mom must be proud.

As much as I admire your work ethic, I’d like to unsubscribe from your constant texts, Facebook event invites and any other means that enables you to contact me in sentences where the first letter of every word in the sentence is capitalized. I appreciate that you kept me in my mind but I’d rather be dragged across hot pavement naked than go to anything called “Wet Wednesdays” (18 to party, 21 to need to re-evaluate your life).

I sincerely pity anyone who has found the slightest sense of self-importance from a “job” that consists of them changing their cover photo to promote a night of “nasty beats and b*tches,” but even my deepest sympathy isn’t going to get me out of bed to say your name at the door. I know you’re in good company though, surrounded by girls half your age probably coming straight from their SATs.

So, this is it for us. Kindly forget to extend an invitation to me from now on. I’ll understand.

Thanks,

Jackie 

Jackie Salo is majoring in journalism and political science since she couldn’t find a job as a froyo taste tester. She has won numerous awards including the prestigious Chai Center Hebrew School Perfect Attendance Award 2004. Follow Jackie on Twitter at @GoodInsanity.

As Told by Jackie is a blog that chronicles all of Jackie’s latest grievances that result from not being able to sleep 28 hours a day.

Jackie Salo

The University of Miami got off to a dream start, but could not hold on against No. 1 and defending ...

Photo Gallery: UM v. Boston College | Feb. 24, 2018 … Click to Continue » ...

Lonnie Walker IV’s 3-pointer with 2.3 seconds remaining capped a 14-point comeback and lifted Miami ...

March is just around the corner; and University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga wants his pl ...

Erykah Davenport always hated being The Tall Girl. Every class picture, she was in the back row, tow ...

Student a cappella group BisCaydence wins quarterfinals and advances to the next round in the intern ...

A closer look at the University of Miami's executive vice president for business and finance an ...

The popular Christian minister preached to more people than any other evangelist in history. ...

A vigil on the University of Miami campus, organized by UM students who graduated from Marjory Stone ...

The latest speaker in the popular lecture series at the Rosenstiel School, Jeff Goodell, shared insi ...

Lonnie Walker IV's three with 2.4 seconds left propelled Miami past BC at the Watsco Center. ...

No. 24 Miami dropped the second game of a rivalry series with No. 1 Florida Saturday night, falling ...

The Miami women's tennis team got back to its winning ways Saturday afternoon, defeating Georgi ...

The two-time defending ACC indoor champion Miami women could not make it a three-peat on Saturday, b ...

Kevin Arreaga's bronze medal in the men's weight throw led the Canes on Friday in Clemson. ...