Dear V

Dear V: Piercings are not a party for two…

My girlfriend is going on a piercing frenzy. She wants to pierce every available and hot part of her body. I am not really into this trend, and I would want to keep the piercing to a minimum. She has threatened to break up with me if I don’t pierce to the same extent. I love her, but I don’t think it’s worth the pain. 

Perfect Pierce

Persnickety Pierce,

I already have this picture of your girlfriend. She bought all the seasons of Criss Angel’s “Mindfreak” on DVD, has the piercing parlor on speed dial and hates being compared to the main character in “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo,” but secretly enjoys the attribution.

The piercings are probably a form of her insecurities, a safety net she needs to keep her relationships and life together.

Forcing you to be a part of this vicious cycle is unjust and makes you only feel guilty about leaving her.

But she may be trying to expose you to a world you have not considered. Perhaps the pain from piercing becomes pleasurable and even sexual.

Your girlfriend is trying to share her interests by forcing a needle through you. Talk about love.

I draw the line with the extent of your girlfriend’s piercings. Undergoing a Prince Charles piercing that can lead to an uncomfortable southern region is not worth the price.

Imagine having sex with all those ornaments, metal clunk and shiny beads distracting you from the task at hand.

Piercings are a subtle art form that is revolutionizing the way we see others, but sex doesn’t need any extra embellishments. If anything, they may cause more trouble, leading to a visit to the health clinic.

If you’re not prepared to become a human canvas, you should start setting your eyes on less cluttered roads.

Your girlfriend’s personal journey is not for the faint of heart and skin. Is her skin elastic? Piercing a vagina is no cakewalk.

And let her know that she will never be able to replicate the fantasy of Daniel Craig getting it on with Rooney Mara. Thank Hollywood movie magic!

Advice Columnist

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Dear V: Piercings are not a party for two…”

1. Pierced Edge says:

Know your limits and live by them. If you let other people run your life it is no longer your life.

Besides that, if someone bases their love on the number of piercings you have that really isn’t love. By that standard, she could very well leave you for someone else with even more piercings or if she changes her mind someone with less. At this point, not only have you lost yourself, you lost the one you were trying to please.

That being said, there is nothing wrong with piercings. Which, you obviously already know. What separates us is where we draw the line on what is to much for us.

It’s dress rehearsal time for the Miami Hurricanes. On Thursday morning, the Hurricanes will conduct ...

Coach Mark Richt had just told the young man who grew up loving the Miami Hurricanes that he would b ...

The University of Miami has a starting quarterback. On Tuesday, 11 days before the 2017 home opener, ...

View photos from the Miami Hurricanes' practice on Wed., Aug. 23, 2017. … Click to Continue » ...

Mark Richt, pleased and seemingly confident about his selection of redshirt junior Malik Rosier as t ...

Students and faculty gathered at the Rock to catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse. ...

The University of Miami has embarked on an ambitious 10-year housing plan that will transform the st ...