News Briefs 2/28

Honor Council

The Undergraduate Honor Council is accepting applications for membership in 2013-2014 at tinyurl.com/UHonor13. Members of the council are responsible for raising awareness about and enforcing the Honor Code, sitting on judicial hearing panels, hosting educational initiatives, and more. Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. Friday.

Cuban Culture

La Federacion de Estudiantes Cubanos (FEC) is hosting “A Week of Cuban Culture” to promote the many aspects of Cuban culture on campus and in the community at large. The weeklong series is FEC’s largest event and provides Cuban culture to UM students through food, art and music. Events will take place starting Saturday and ending March 8.

The Jose Marti Day of Service is Saturday. Opening ceremonies are at 11 a.m. Monday at the Rock and will include speeches, cuisine from the Latin Burger food truck, and live music. Also on Monday, the Cuban Heritage Collection will host FEC members to explore the Pedro Pan Exodus in Cuba beginning at 5 p.m. on the second floor of Richter Library. For more information, contact FEC Cultural Events Chairperson Erika Glass at glass.erika@gmail.com.

Basketball Watch Party

There will be a watch party for the Miami vs. Duke away basketball game. The watch party will take place on the Hecht-Stanford Bridge at 6 p.m. Saturday. Hosted by Category 5 and Hurricane Force, the party will include a big screen and free food.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

Friday’s NFL drought became Saturday’s downpour for the University of Miami. Eight Miami Hurricanes ...

Cornerback Corn Elder’s career highlight is a play that will forever be ingrained in college footbal ...

Safety Rayshawn Jenkins is now a Los Angeles Charger. Jenkins, who grew up in St. Petersburg, became ...

The University of Miami celebrated on Thursday night with an NFL Draft first-round pick for the thir ...

When Al Golden recruited David Njoku to the University of Miami in 2014 the Cedar Grove, N.J. native ...

UM marks Holocaust Remembrance Day with a reading of names and recollections of a survivor. ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Have a look at approximately 60 of the best pictures from the Miami women's tennis team match v ...

The University of Miami football program had nine former players selected in the 2017 NFL Draft in P ...

Miami Hurricanes fullback Marquez Williams was selected with the 240th overall pick by the Jacksonvi ...

Miami Hurricanes cornerback Adrian Colbert was selected with the 229th overall pick by the San Franc ...

Miami Hurricanes wide receiver Stacy Coley was selected with the 219th overall pick by the Minnesota ...