News Briefs 2/28

Honor Council

The Undergraduate Honor Council is accepting applications for membership in 2013-2014 at tinyurl.com/UHonor13. Members of the council are responsible for raising awareness about and enforcing the Honor Code, sitting on judicial hearing panels, hosting educational initiatives, and more. Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. Friday.

Cuban Culture

La Federacion de Estudiantes Cubanos (FEC) is hosting “A Week of Cuban Culture” to promote the many aspects of Cuban culture on campus and in the community at large. The weeklong series is FEC’s largest event and provides Cuban culture to UM students through food, art and music. Events will take place starting Saturday and ending March 8.

The Jose Marti Day of Service is Saturday. Opening ceremonies are at 11 a.m. Monday at the Rock and will include speeches, cuisine from the Latin Burger food truck, and live music. Also on Monday, the Cuban Heritage Collection will host FEC members to explore the Pedro Pan Exodus in Cuba beginning at 5 p.m. on the second floor of Richter Library. For more information, contact FEC Cultural Events Chairperson Erika Glass at glass.erika@gmail.com.

Basketball Watch Party

There will be a watch party for the Miami vs. Duke away basketball game. The watch party will take place on the Hecht-Stanford Bridge at 6 p.m. Saturday. Hosted by Category 5 and Hurricane Force, the party will include a big screen and free food.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

The Hurricanes have become part of college football’s national conversation, and the more wins they ...

Kicker Michael Badgley will soon become the University of Miami’s all-time field goal leader. In the ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt called Darrell Langham’s amazing, 28-yard catch on fourth-and-1 ...

Darrell Langham is 6-4, but might as well be 8-4 — that’s how much he has grown in stature for the M ...

The Miami Hurricanes have done it again. For the second week in a row, the Canes rallied to win in t ...

Hurricanes legends Michael Irvin, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp and Sean Taylor were officially ad ...

University of Miami wide receiver Darrell Langham and kicker Michael Badgley were among those recogn ...

University of Miami redshirt setter Haley Templeton was named ACC Player of the Week, the conference ...

Freshman Bojan Jankulovski highlighted Day 2 competition on Saturday for the University of Miami men ...

The University of Miami's football game at North Carolina on Oct. 28 will kick off at noon ET o ...