Hair gel, duck faces aren’t in style

While watching any high school Disney channel movie, you will often see an older character with a popped collar, 14 ounces of gel in his hair and an ego the size of the entire “Jersey Shore” cast. This is the stereotypical college douchebag.

He will probably drive a foreign sports car and throw an obnoxiously big party while his parents are away. Then he will attempt – and fail – to steal the pretty, good girl away from a guy who wouldn’t dare cheat on his math test. If I have just described what you do, there is no saving you.

Just because you are unable to pay for a Mercedes doesn’t mean you are not a jerk. Money has nothing to do with it. It’s how you use what you have. If you own Ray Bans and wear them every day religiously, you are a douche. It does not matter how much you think you look like Ryan Gosling in them, no one is allowed to wear sunglasses to their 8 p.m. class.

As long as most of your outfits don’t resemble The Situation or Kanye West, you should be good. You shouldn’t have any Ed Hardy shirts in your closet. Burn them along with your cologne-dipped Abercrombie polo now.

If there are any pictures of you on social media making a duck face or flexing your arm covered in a sleeve of dragon tattoos, please remove them. You must treat the art of social networking correctly. Using your Instagram to post every food, drink and illegal substance that enters your body is also unacceptable.

Girls are not excluded from this. If you own a tiny dog and carry it around in an overly branded handbag while wearing glasses that are bigger than your face and make disgusted looks at every guy that holds the door for you, then you fall into this unfortunate category.

The time has come to stop listening to John Mayer. Delete your TiVO-recorded stand up specials of Dane Cook. Your days of wearing extra-low-cut V-necks and hitting on girls at the library are over.

Kyle Rambo is a junior majoring in education. 

Kyle Rambo

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...

Redshirt senior forward Kamari Murphy of the University of Miami men's basketball team will pla ...

Senior guard Davon Reed of the University of Miami men's basketball team was selected No. 32 ov ...

Lexi Castellano of the University of Miami soccer team spent almost four weeks this summer in Vietna ...

Miami Hurricanes baseball legend Pat Burrell will be inducted into the Omaha College Baseball Hall o ...