Dear V

Dear V: College and sex and girls, oh my…

Dear V ,

I would like to approach different girls because there are a variety of lovely ladies to date. However, I don’t know how to start a conversation and keep it flowing in order to make a connection. Girls in general are prone to be less social when a guy they’re not familiar with approaches them and I cannot read a girl’s body language. I have trouble reading her signs without her verbally saying how she feels. My college days are passing me by, and I have not gotten much into the dating game. I am described as an introvert, and a little fun would be wonderful and a major stress-reliever right about now. How do I make an intimate connection with ladies hopefully resulting in a friendship or even better into a relationship?

Maximus Prestige

Maximum Insecurity,

You do realize that there are millions of scientists and historians who are trying to answer the age-old enigma of womanhood. Women themselves get confused about their arbitrary rules on courtship. So you’re just as clueless as the rest of us.

But a successful interaction doesn’t have to be complicated. Honestly, the business of “signs” is just another example of our generation overthinking every detail. Not every gesture or compliment has to be interpreted. A poke on Facebook doesn’t mean someone actually wants to “poke” you.

Granted these concerns have always been around; not to mention that celebrities make everything look easy. Put Nicole Kidman in the room with a country singer, and magic happens. I’m still wondering if Leo and Kate are aware of their sexual tension.

Anyway, I recommend getting comfortable with girls who are friends, but you may not have a romantic attraction. Take it as field work. Observe how they work, think and talk. You’ll learn that hanging with girls is completely different from guys. Guys insult each other and talk sports stats for millennia. Girls enjoy occasional banter about other girls and their insecurities.

No introvert calls himself an introvert. You refer to yourself as Maximus Prestige, which means you have a secret ego or you play World of War Craft while watching “Game of Thrones.” Either way, girls like someone who is secure of himself. If you’re a closet nerd, geek out. Comic Con is just as cool as attending the Super Bowl or the World Series.

Date with confidence, and go for someone that enjoys spending time together and accepts your interests.

Otherwise, Internet pornography has a plethora of options waiting for you at the click of a button … some are even free.

Advice Columnist

When Edgar Michelangeli stepped up to bat on Saturday, there was pressure. So much pressure. There w ...

On a day when the newest University of Miami football players – including heralded prep quarterback ...

How much does 44 years of history weigh? That is what these Miami Hurricanes baseball players carry ...

That nation-leading, 44-year NCAA tournament streak is not over yet. One swing of the bat on Saturda ...

View photos from the Virginia Tech at Miami Saturday, May 20, 20017, in Coral Galbes, Fla. … Click t ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

The University of Miami welcomed nearly 3,800 new graduates into the UM alumni family during six cer ...

Speakers urge UM’s graduating students to use their skills and talents to make a difference. ...

Miami junior Jeb Bargfeldt was among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference with All-ACC ...

Check out photos from the Hurricanes during Day 2 competition at the NCAA Championship. ...

The University of Miami women's track and field team enters the NCAA East Preliminary ranked No ...

After sweeping its final regular season series with Virginia Tech, No. 6 seeded Miami will open its ...

The No. 13-ranked University of Miami women's golf team had a 13-stroke improvement on Day 2 at ...