Edge, Food, Uncategorized

Pad Thai offers savory alternative

University of Miami residents will do anything to avoid the monotonous dining hall food, typically turning to Miami’s Best or Power Pizza.
Why limit yourself to cheese, bread and sauce when you could experience the taste of Thailand with one of the country’s coveted traditions – pad Thai.

Check out the top three locations to satisfy your need for something other than Chartwells.

Sushi Siam
Sushi Siam’s giant dish of pad Thai is like heaven on a plate. Covered in chopped peanuts, the noodles are bursting with flavor and never too oily. You can order it with chicken, pork or seafood. But for the slightly more adventurous, the fried tofu absorbs some of the delicious sauce and adds a fun texture to your dish.
And with six locations around Miami, you can grab an order to go wherever you are.

Sushi Siam is located at 931 Brickell Ave., Miami.

For more information, call 786-220-7677.

Tani Thai
Walking in to the restaurant decked out in Oriental-inspired wall designs and tableware, you are fully immersed in Asian culture and cuisine. The decadently crafted appetizers are just as beautiful as they are savory.
The pad Thai, abundant and steaming, looks like enough to serve two people, but is so mouthwatering it only serves one.
Although the $14 entree may not seem feasible for the average college student’s budget, the delectable experience is worth every cent.

Tani Thai is located at 12269 S. Dixie Highway, Miami.

For more information, call 305-253-3583.

Stir Moon
Conveniently located across campus, Stir Moon offers a variety of Chinese-, Japanese- and Thai-based dishes. Moon’s menu is based on wok fusion and is known for its signature pad Thai. The pad Thai appetizer portion is enough for one person, while two can share the entree.
Moon’s entrees are slightly more expensive with most dishes above $12, but two or three people can split the cost and enjoy a large helping of noodles.
Besides the pad Thai, Moon is unique for its “Create a Stir” option. “Create a Stir” allows guests to customize their stir fry depending on the rice, sauces and vegetables.

Stir Moon is located at 1100 S. Dixie Highway, Coral Gables.

For more information, call 305-663-5881.

Jordan Coyne

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Randy Ableman has built something special with his Miami Hurricanes diving program. Here’s why: Ther ...

Two days after the University of Miami football team played its spring game, coach Mark Richt stayed ...

The University of Miami’s most anticipated Atlantic Coast Conference baseball series of the season e ...

The University of Miami announced Sunday evening that sophomore safety Jeff James, Jr., has parted w ...

UM’s 2018 recruiting class, already regarded as the best in the country, added two more gems over th ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Carlos Bustamante, a Presidential Distinguished Scholar, kicked off his series of lectures about gen ...

Edward Abraham, M.D., has been named Dean of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Med ...

University of Miami men's tennis team is set to start ACC Championship play Wednesday in Rome, ...

Malcolm Grant plays for Tajfun Sentjur in Slovenia ...

The University of Miami Department of Athletics continued to earn high praise with its student-athle ...

The University of Miami men's tennis match against Virginia Tech has been cancelled due to heav ...

The series finale between Miami and Florida State at Mark Light Field was cancelled due to inclement ...