News Briefs 2/14

Film industry talks
Roger Bundt, a professor at the School of Communication, will give a talk on the Brazilian and Mexican film industries from 12:30 to 1:45 p.m on Thursday at room 2040 in the Wolfson Communications Building.
Yearbook portraits
The deadline date for senior portraits has been extended through Feb. 22. Graduating seniors can make an appointment for yearbook portraits at ouryear.com, with the school code 136. Portraits for undergraduate students are free. No appointments are necessary.
Iron Arrow Nominations
Iron Arrow Honor Society is accepting recommendations for the spring 2013 semester. A brief description of the nominee’s accomplishments and explanation of why they deserve the honor is required as part of the application. The recommendation should not be more than one page typed, and a resume may also be submitted. Recommendations should be kept confidential. Email recommendations to ironarrow@miami.edu no later than 5 p.m. Friday.

Stephanie Parra may be contacted at news@themiamihurricane.com.

Stephanie Parra

Editor-in-chief

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Hurricanes football aficionados: How does another College GameDay at the University of Miami campus ...

Get out your calendars once again, UM football fans. The Atlantic Coast Conference has announced the ...

Lonnie Walker IV, so eager to begin his professional basketball career that he left the University o ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

After 25 years, head coach Jim Morris had just one request for the pregame festivities for his final ...

In honor of Jim Morris' final regular season game as head coach at Miami on Saturday, May 19, t ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry struck out 11 to help lead the Hurricanes to their 10thstraight ...

Check out over 60 of the top pictures from the Miami women's tennis team's matchup with to ...