News Briefs 2/14

Film industry talks
Roger Bundt, a professor at the School of Communication, will give a talk on the Brazilian and Mexican film industries from 12:30 to 1:45 p.m on Thursday at room 2040 in the Wolfson Communications Building.
Yearbook portraits
The deadline date for senior portraits has been extended through Feb. 22. Graduating seniors can make an appointment for yearbook portraits at ouryear.com, with the school code 136. Portraits for undergraduate students are free. No appointments are necessary.
Iron Arrow Nominations
Iron Arrow Honor Society is accepting recommendations for the spring 2013 semester. A brief description of the nominee’s accomplishments and explanation of why they deserve the honor is required as part of the application. The recommendation should not be more than one page typed, and a resume may also be submitted. Recommendations should be kept confidential. Email recommendations to ironarrow@miami.edu no later than 5 p.m. Friday.

Stephanie Parra may be contacted at news@themiamihurricane.com.

Stephanie Parra

Editor-in-chief

Lester Williams wasn’t on the field playing for the Miami Hurricanes when they won their first natio ...

An extremely frustrated University of Miami football coach Mark Richt began his media availability b ...