News Briefs 2/14

Film industry talks
Roger Bundt, a professor at the School of Communication, will give a talk on the Brazilian and Mexican film industries from 12:30 to 1:45 p.m on Thursday at room 2040 in the Wolfson Communications Building.
Yearbook portraits
The deadline date for senior portraits has been extended through Feb. 22. Graduating seniors can make an appointment for yearbook portraits at ouryear.com, with the school code 136. Portraits for undergraduate students are free. No appointments are necessary.
Iron Arrow Nominations
Iron Arrow Honor Society is accepting recommendations for the spring 2013 semester. A brief description of the nominee’s accomplishments and explanation of why they deserve the honor is required as part of the application. The recommendation should not be more than one page typed, and a resume may also be submitted. Recommendations should be kept confidential. Email recommendations to ironarrow@miami.edu no later than 5 p.m. Friday.

Stephanie Parra may be contacted at news@themiamihurricane.com.

Stephanie Parra

Editor-in-chief

After jumping three spots from No. 10 to No. 7 last week in the Amway Coaches Poll (one spot better ...

University of Miami weak-side linebacker Michael Pinckney is definitely old-school Miami Hurricane. ...

The question came straight at Ahmmon Richards, like a tight spiral. And this time, he was locked in. ...

Kolby Bird had a career-high 21 kills, but the Hurricanes dropped a five-set battle to Notre Dame on ...

The Miami soccer team recognized its four seniors Sunday afternoon and then dropped a hard-fought 2- ...