News Briefs 2/4

Business cards

Students can purchase business cards from the Toppel Career Center to use as they network at the upcoming Spring Career Expo. For $10, Toppel offers 250 business cards displaying the UM logo, along with each student’s name, degree, graduation date, phone, email and address. To qualify, students must order by Monday and stop by the Career Center to make the payment.

Study abroad

The Spring 2013 Study Abroad Fair will take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the UC Lower Lounge. Students can have candid conversations with other UM student study abroad participants and exchange students from countries around the world, as well as meet with faculty to learn about their summer programs. Study abroad staff will help students explore the summer, fall and spring programs abroad.

Black awareness

Black Awareness Month opening ceremonies will be held at 7 p.m. Monday in the Wesley Art Gallery. The United Black Students and the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs are hosting events for Black Awareness Month 2013. For a complete list of events, visit miami.edu/msa.

Screening

A screening of the film “Switch” will take place at 5 p.m. Tuesday in the RSMAS Auditorium, sponsored by the UM Chapter of the American Association of Petroleum. “Switch” focuses on the transition from coal and oil to energy resources of the future.

Funday 2013

Students can now preregister for FunDay at llackstein.wix.com/funday2013 to allow for an easier check-in process and give students the ability to be grouped with an organization. FunDay brings more than 300 special citizens from the Miami area to campus to be paired up with students to enjoy a day of fun and games and will take place on Feb. 16 on the Rock.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

Florida State's recruiting trail hit Georgia last week, and while the #Tribe19 class is a focal ...

It's almost summer, time for college football players to wind down and chill out — every now an ...

More than a decade after former University of Miami football star Sean Taylor was murdered during a ...

Lonnie Walker excelled on the court during the NBA Combine in Chicago last week. The potential lotte ...

Voters head to the polls in a historic election to choose the country’s next president. ...

From boathouse to marine research powerhouse, the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Scienc ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

Last season, Miami Hurricanes fans created, quite simply, one of the best home-field advantages in c ...

Confident and effective service game propelled University of Miami senior Christian Langmo and fresh ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed back to the NCAA Singles Cham ...

Junior becomes first three-time All-American in program history. ...

For the 16th year in a row, the Miami women's tennis team ended the season ranked in the top 20 ...