News Briefs 2/4

Business cards

Students can purchase business cards from the Toppel Career Center to use as they network at the upcoming Spring Career Expo. For $10, Toppel offers 250 business cards displaying the UM logo, along with each student’s name, degree, graduation date, phone, email and address. To qualify, students must order by Monday and stop by the Career Center to make the payment.

Study abroad

The Spring 2013 Study Abroad Fair will take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the UC Lower Lounge. Students can have candid conversations with other UM student study abroad participants and exchange students from countries around the world, as well as meet with faculty to learn about their summer programs. Study abroad staff will help students explore the summer, fall and spring programs abroad.

Black awareness

Black Awareness Month opening ceremonies will be held at 7 p.m. Monday in the Wesley Art Gallery. The United Black Students and the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs are hosting events for Black Awareness Month 2013. For a complete list of events, visit miami.edu/msa.

Screening

A screening of the film “Switch” will take place at 5 p.m. Tuesday in the RSMAS Auditorium, sponsored by the UM Chapter of the American Association of Petroleum. “Switch” focuses on the transition from coal and oil to energy resources of the future.

Funday 2013

Students can now preregister for FunDay at llackstein.wix.com/funday2013 to allow for an easier check-in process and give students the ability to be grouped with an organization. FunDay brings more than 300 special citizens from the Miami area to campus to be paired up with students to enjoy a day of fun and games and will take place on Feb. 16 on the Rock.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

The Miami Hurricanes are 2-0 when these two things happen: Michael Mediavilla starts, and Michael Bu ...

If Miami Hurricanes fans were hoping to hear that one quarterback charged forward with such authorit ...

The Florida State Seminoles came through in the clutch. The Miami Hurricanes did not. That pretty mu ...

The Jerry’s Pizza of Mark Richt’s youth is gone, but Fran’s Chicken Haven — “If the Colonel had our ...

Hey, Hurricane basketball fans, do you ever sit around and wonder whatever happened to Guillermo Dia ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

Carlos Bustamante, a Presidential Distinguished Scholar, kicked off his series of lectures about gen ...

Edward Abraham, M.D., has been named Dean of the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Med ...

Junior Kristiana Yao is the first named at UM in the last 33 years. ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team is set to play its final match of the regular season ...

Ebony Morrison & women's 4x100m won at Baylor, while Gabrielle Hesslau & Sean Grossman ...

Sunday's finale between the Miami Hurricanes and Florida State Seminoles (April 23) will be pla ...

The No. 39 Miami women's tennis team will play its final match of the regular season Sunday at ...

On a night when he connected for a grand slam against archrival Florida State in front of a sold-out ...