News Briefs 2/4

Business cards

Students can purchase business cards from the Toppel Career Center to use as they network at the upcoming Spring Career Expo. For $10, Toppel offers 250 business cards displaying the UM logo, along with each student’s name, degree, graduation date, phone, email and address. To qualify, students must order by Monday and stop by the Career Center to make the payment.

Study abroad

The Spring 2013 Study Abroad Fair will take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the UC Lower Lounge. Students can have candid conversations with other UM student study abroad participants and exchange students from countries around the world, as well as meet with faculty to learn about their summer programs. Study abroad staff will help students explore the summer, fall and spring programs abroad.

Black awareness

Black Awareness Month opening ceremonies will be held at 7 p.m. Monday in the Wesley Art Gallery. The United Black Students and the Office of Multicultural Student Affairs are hosting events for Black Awareness Month 2013. For a complete list of events, visit miami.edu/msa.

Screening

A screening of the film “Switch” will take place at 5 p.m. Tuesday in the RSMAS Auditorium, sponsored by the UM Chapter of the American Association of Petroleum. “Switch” focuses on the transition from coal and oil to energy resources of the future.

Funday 2013

Students can now preregister for FunDay at llackstein.wix.com/funday2013 to allow for an easier check-in process and give students the ability to be grouped with an organization. FunDay brings more than 300 special citizens from the Miami area to campus to be paired up with students to enjoy a day of fun and games and will take place on Feb. 16 on the Rock.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

If defense really does win championships, the University of Miami is in good shape. Despite giving u ...

This is the Miami Hurricanes team that finally solved its long hex in finally winning at Florida Sta ...

1. HURRICANES: No. 3 Canes beat Virginia in home finale: ACC title game, first 10-win season since 2 ...

The No. 2 Miami Hurricanes are kings at keeping their fans in a panicked state — then filling them w ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G10: Time again for the latest edition of the Canesfan Satisfaction Met ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Miami survived an early scare to beat Virginia, 44-28, and achieve its first 10-win season since 200 ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...

The Miami women's basketball team dropped a 67-61 decision to Colorado on Saturday afternoon in ...

The University of Miami diving team finished its trip to the Texas Diving Invite on a high note Satu ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...