Dear V

Dear V: My girlfriend keeps skipping our sex appointments…

I have sex with my girlfriend at least twice a week, and we always choose our class schedules to make sure that sexy time is possible. But lately, she has been missing the designated times and it’s getting frustrating. I feel like she is putting other priorities before me. I don’t want to have to masturbate anymore when I could be getting some real loving. What should I do? 

Sex-Deprived Soul

Dear Chicken Soup for the OCD Soul,

I can make my answer short and simple by assigning you “50 Shades of Grey” because your relationship reminds me of Christian and Anastasia’s agreement. Don’t celebrate this comparison. It’s not as exciting as the millions that E.L. James earned while I wrote this sentence.

Before I address this problem, I believe I understand your decision to schedule sex. Some “sexy time” between sociology and psychology makes you sound smarter than I had anticipated.

Though building your life around sex may appear organized and practical, it can actually make your relationship dull and uneventful. Where is the spontaneity? Some of the best relationships are serendipitous. Bonnie and Clyde, Thelma and Louise, the loyal readers of Cosmopolitan magazine. C’mon, 55 ways to orgasm? Classic.

I can’t comment on the specifics of these relationships, but they lived life on the edge. They don’t wait for sex to happen at 4 p.m. Otherwise, Bonnie and Clyde would have been caught much earlier, and Thelma and Louise would have had less time to be guilt-ridden. Talk about a win-win situation, if you ask me.

And do not call yourself “sex-deprived.” Masturbation has helped many single people since the beginning of time. What you do with your privates can be scheduled to your heart’s content. Give the others the chance to live their lives, and maintain a shroud of their normalness. No one wants a sexual dictator.

If you insist on the schedule, then find someone else that appreciates your fetish for timed intercourse. Look up the directory for sex-starved science students, and you might get lucky.

And please avoid escorts, they’re not as glamorous as British TV makes them out to be.

Advice Columnist

University of Miami football great Cortez Kennedy, a Pro Football Hall of Famer remembered for his w ...

The Hurricanes are still alive in their quest to make it to the NCAA Division I Baseball Tournament. ...

When Edgar Michelangeli stepped up to bat on Saturday, there was pressure. So much pressure. There w ...

On a day when the newest University of Miami football players – including heralded prep quarterback ...

How much does 44 years of history weigh? That is what these Miami Hurricanes baseball players carry ...

Victor Oquendo, BSC ’09, is following in his parents’ footsteps. ...

The Rosenstiel School’s final lecture of the 2017 Sea Secrets series focused on using science diplom ...

Researchers believe they have found a new way to monitor the intensity and location of hurricanes fr ...

The University of Miami welcomed nearly 3,800 new graduates into the UM alumni family during six cer ...

Speakers urge UM’s graduating students to use their skills and talents to make a difference. ...

Joe Gomez drove in the winning run after Andrew Cabezas pitched 6.1 no-hit innings of relief. ...

University of Miami women's golf sophomore Dewi Weber was selected as a Second Team All-America ...

Miami's Estela Perez-Somarriba will take on No. 64 Ana Oparenovic Wednesday at 8 a.m., while Si ...

Dee Delaney is eligible to play immediately as a graduate transfer from The Citadel, where he was na ...

Joe Gomez played the role of Hurricane hero Tuesday , lifting sixth-seeded Miami to a 6-5 win over 1 ...