Blogs

Canes for Style: Stylish trends to keep in mind for the spring semester

Welcome back my fashion-savvy students! It is time for me to introduce some stylish trends for the upcoming spring semester.  Overlapping between the seasons is my ultimate favorite: the floral skinny jean. Even though during the winter months darker clothing is generally worn, there are still fun patterns that mix light and dark colors together and can be worn all year long. To complete your look, add a white camisole, denim buttoned-down shirt, and strappy sandals for a fun casual day with friends.

Another article of clothing that is a necessary staple for your closet is the blazer. In Miami, blazers are essential pieces that will enhance your outfit from a casual, laidback feel to a professional business look and fun, going out ensembles. First, stock up on the classic colors like black and navy but then get a vibrant blue or pink. These bright colors are always a fun way to change it up and create various outfits.

Lastly, it’s all about the peplum. Whether it’s a leather top, bright colored dress, or a high-waisted skirt; peplum always flatters all figures. This trend can be spotted on the runways of fashion week to everyday work wear. It definitely adds flare if prints and patterns are not your thing. Anyone can pull of this style but it is recommended to add a great pair of pumps when wearing it as night look.

These trends will help kick off your semester right so you don’t make any typical fashion faux pas.

Sincerely from your fashionista expert,

Courtney

Courtney Odza is junior majoring in advertising with a real eye for fashion.

Canes for Style is a blog about bringing highlighting the latest campus fashion crazes but with a cheaper budget in mind. Trends come and go, but taste for the right outfit always remains the same. 

Courtney Odza

There were indications, even before Lonnie Walker IV was selected No. 18 by the San Antonio Spurs in ...

Add another player to the Miami Hurricanes' 2019 recruiting class. Defensive end Jahfari Harvey ...

From the onset, the Miami Hurricanes' plan was for the Carol Soffer football indoor practice fa ...

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Walker picked 18th overall by San Antonio Spurs, Brown 42nd by Detroit Pistons. ...

The University of Miami women's golf team had three individuals selected to the 2018 Atlantic C ...

NBA Draft will be held Thursday evening in Brooklyn. ...

Haley Templeton is set to travel to Detroit, Mich., on Friday to train and compete with the U.S. Wom ...

First-year Miami head soccer coach Sarah Barnes released Wednesday the team's schedule for the ...