Blogs

Canes for Style: Stylish trends to keep in mind for the spring semester

Welcome back my fashion-savvy students! It is time for me to introduce some stylish trends for the upcoming spring semester.  Overlapping between the seasons is my ultimate favorite: the floral skinny jean. Even though during the winter months darker clothing is generally worn, there are still fun patterns that mix light and dark colors together and can be worn all year long. To complete your look, add a white camisole, denim buttoned-down shirt, and strappy sandals for a fun casual day with friends.

Another article of clothing that is a necessary staple for your closet is the blazer. In Miami, blazers are essential pieces that will enhance your outfit from a casual, laidback feel to a professional business look and fun, going out ensembles. First, stock up on the classic colors like black and navy but then get a vibrant blue or pink. These bright colors are always a fun way to change it up and create various outfits.

Lastly, it’s all about the peplum. Whether it’s a leather top, bright colored dress, or a high-waisted skirt; peplum always flatters all figures. This trend can be spotted on the runways of fashion week to everyday work wear. It definitely adds flare if prints and patterns are not your thing. Anyone can pull of this style but it is recommended to add a great pair of pumps when wearing it as night look.

These trends will help kick off your semester right so you don’t make any typical fashion faux pas.

Sincerely from your fashionista expert,

Courtney

Courtney Odza is junior majoring in advertising with a real eye for fashion.

Canes for Style is a blog about bringing highlighting the latest campus fashion crazes but with a cheaper budget in mind. Trends come and go, but taste for the right outfit always remains the same. 

Courtney Odza

View photos from the Syracuse at Miam ibasketball game on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Coral Gables. ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larrañaga took the opportunity after Saturday’s 62-55 loss ...

A bunch of Miami Hurricane youngsters — and one former Gator-turned-Cane — made the University of Mi ...

Arkansas State University followed through with its threat. ASU on Friday afternoon filed a lawsuit ...

A UM appeals committee has modified the athletic department’s rules restricting departing quarterbac ...

Members of the University of Miami first response teams remind us of resources available and what to ...

Mexican activist, poet and novelist Javier Sicilia deplored the violence stemming from the “drug war ...

From the North Pole to the South Pole and everywhere in between, the art of UM alumnus Xavier Cortad ...

A panel of University of Miami faculty talked about the impacts of climate change during a meeting o ...

The No. 25 University of Miami women's golf team heads to New Orleans this Sunday to compete in ...

It was the 25th and final University of Miami Opening Day for an emotional Jim Morris but the first ...

The University of Miami women's golf team moved to No. 25 in the latest Golfweek.com rankings t ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team dropped a 4-2 decision at No. 12 Oklahoma State Saturday. ...

The Hurricanes fell to the Orange, 62-55, at the Watsco Center. ...