Blogs

Canes for Style: Stylish trends to keep in mind for the spring semester

Welcome back my fashion-savvy students! It is time for me to introduce some stylish trends for the upcoming spring semester.  Overlapping between the seasons is my ultimate favorite: the floral skinny jean. Even though during the winter months darker clothing is generally worn, there are still fun patterns that mix light and dark colors together and can be worn all year long. To complete your look, add a white camisole, denim buttoned-down shirt, and strappy sandals for a fun casual day with friends.

Another article of clothing that is a necessary staple for your closet is the blazer. In Miami, blazers are essential pieces that will enhance your outfit from a casual, laidback feel to a professional business look and fun, going out ensembles. First, stock up on the classic colors like black and navy but then get a vibrant blue or pink. These bright colors are always a fun way to change it up and create various outfits.

Lastly, it’s all about the peplum. Whether it’s a leather top, bright colored dress, or a high-waisted skirt; peplum always flatters all figures. This trend can be spotted on the runways of fashion week to everyday work wear. It definitely adds flare if prints and patterns are not your thing. Anyone can pull of this style but it is recommended to add a great pair of pumps when wearing it as night look.

These trends will help kick off your semester right so you don’t make any typical fashion faux pas.

Sincerely from your fashionista expert,

Courtney

Courtney Odza is junior majoring in advertising with a real eye for fashion.

Canes for Style is a blog about bringing highlighting the latest campus fashion crazes but with a cheaper budget in mind. Trends come and go, but taste for the right outfit always remains the same. 

Courtney Odza

Former pro wrestler and promoter The Tennessee Stud Ron Fuller was interviewed by Ryan K. Boman of T ...

The University of Miami has its future quarterback. Jarren Williams, a consensus four-star, dual-thr ...

Through its new Leadership UMiami program, the Butler Center for Service and Leadership is empowerin ...

A Biomedical Engineering Major and campus leader, Sterile Achille involved herself in many activitie ...

University of Miami head volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara is excited to announce a fou ...

University of Miami women's volleyball player Brooke McDermott is an active member in the Hurri ...