News Briefs 1/28

Leadership

Leadership Summit will take place from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 2 in the Wellness Center. The 2013 theme, “Driven,” challenges students to look within themselves and discover their own motivations in life. Campus and community leaders will engage students in meaningful conversations to increase awareness of real-world leadership concepts and develop attendees’ leadership potential. The day will also serve as the New Member Symposium for new members to the UM Greek community.

Survey Tool

A new online survey tool designed to support research, teaching and administrative functions is now available to the UM community free of charge. The Qualtrics Survey Research Suite is available via CaneID. Qualtrics features allow the user to create survey instruments, distribute surveys, store information, analyze collected respondent data and generate reports. To access the new tool, go to miami.edu/qualtrics and select the login button. A UMiami-Qualtrics account will be created for new users. For more information about Qualtrics, visit qualtrics.com.

State of the U

Student Government President Nawara Alawa will give the State of the U Address at 5 p.m. Feb. 6 on the Rock. For the first time since the tradition began, numerous leaders of organizations on campus will speak alongside SG student officials. Students who come to the event will hear the state of affairs, attend a mixer with student leaders, and become aware of events occurring across campus.

Advocacy

An LGBTQ Advocacy panel will be held from 7-9 p.m. Wednesday in UC 245. During the interactive speaker panel, professors and community partners will shed light on the history and current policy on the LGBTQ movement.

Lyssa Goldberg may be contacted at lgoldberg@themiamihurricane.com.

Lyssa Goldberg

Lyssa Goldberg is online editor of The Miami Hurricane. She is a senior majoring in journalism and political science with a minor in math. She has interned at Mashable and the Miami New Times, and her work has also been featured in The Huffington Post.

Here is some impressive news for the University of Miami football program: All but one of the remain ...

Lonnie Walker IV stood out on and off the court at the NBA Draft Combine, which ended on Sunday in C ...

University of Miami incoming prep star Will Mallory, the other half of the soon-to-be No. 1 freshman ...

View photos as Miami Hurricanes Coach Jim Morris ends 41-year career on Saturday, May 19, 2018, at M ...

The sullen, charcoal sky opened with a vengeance Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field in Coral Gab ...

Over his more than two decades at the U, the dean of students from 1976-1989 always put students fir ...

The final Sea Secrets lecture at the Rosenstiel School examines the biofluorescence of marine organi ...

Maintenance mechanic Milton Davis has kept UM housing humming for decades. ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned ITA Southeast R ...

Sophomore righthander Evan McKendry and freshman Freddy Zamora were among those recognized by the At ...

Senior Jeb Bargfeldt was recognized as ACC Pitcher of the Week following a dominating performance ag ...

No. 7 seed Miami opens its run at the 2018 ACC Baseball Championship Tuesday, May 22 against No. 11 ...

Although 17th-year head coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews has made Sweet 16 appearances commonplace the jour ...