News Briefs 1/24

Conference

UM’s School of Law will be featuring the Hispanic National Bar Association’s “Human Trafficking Conference” this Friday from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the Multipurpose Room in the BankUnited Center’s Fieldhouse. Keynote speakers include Catherine A. MacKinnon, a professor of law at the University of Michigan. She is a well-known lawyer, teacher and activist on sex-equality issues, and she pioneered the legal claim for sexual harassment as a form of sex discrimination. To RSVP, email mvargas@armorcorrectional.com.The event is free, and breakfast will be served.

Workshop

The School of Education and School of Business Administration will be hosting workshops offered by the Center for Nonprofit Management. The workshops will help nonprofit organizations through professional development and provide opportunities for networking and collaboration. The event will take place from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the Storer Auditorium. To RSVP, or for more information, email Laurie McDonald at lmcdonald@miami.edu or call 305-284-6119. There is a $25 registration fee. Scholarships are available.

Yearbook

Ibis Yearbook will be at the UC Lower Lounge to take student portraits from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, until Feb. 1. Appointments are only necessary for students who are graduating. To schedule an appointment, or for more information, visit ibisyearbook.com.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Friday’s NFL drought became Saturday’s downpour for the University of Miami. Eight Miami Hurricanes ...

Cornerback Corn Elder’s career highlight is a play that will forever be ingrained in college footbal ...

Safety Rayshawn Jenkins is now a Los Angeles Charger. Jenkins, who grew up in St. Petersburg, became ...

The University of Miami celebrated on Thursday night with an NFL Draft first-round pick for the thir ...

When Al Golden recruited David Njoku to the University of Miami in 2014 the Cedar Grove, N.J. native ...

UM marks Holocaust Remembrance Day with a reading of names and recollections of a survivor. ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

The University of Miami football program had nine former players selected in the 2017 NFL Draft in P ...

Miami Hurricanes fullback Marquez Williams was selected with the 240th overall pick by the Jacksonvi ...

Miami Hurricanes cornerback Adrian Colbert was selected with the 229th overall pick by the San Franc ...

Miami Hurricanes wide receiver Stacy Coley was selected with the 219th overall pick by the Minnesota ...

Miami Hurricanes quarterback Brad Kaaya was selected with the 215th overall pick by the Detroit Lion ...