News Briefs 1/24

Conference

UM’s School of Law will be featuring the Hispanic National Bar Association’s “Human Trafficking Conference” this Friday from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the Multipurpose Room in the BankUnited Center’s Fieldhouse. Keynote speakers include Catherine A. MacKinnon, a professor of law at the University of Michigan. She is a well-known lawyer, teacher and activist on sex-equality issues, and she pioneered the legal claim for sexual harassment as a form of sex discrimination. To RSVP, email mvargas@armorcorrectional.com.The event is free, and breakfast will be served.

Workshop

The School of Education and School of Business Administration will be hosting workshops offered by the Center for Nonprofit Management. The workshops will help nonprofit organizations through professional development and provide opportunities for networking and collaboration. The event will take place from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the Storer Auditorium. To RSVP, or for more information, email Laurie McDonald at lmcdonald@miami.edu or call 305-284-6119. There is a $25 registration fee. Scholarships are available.

Yearbook

Ibis Yearbook will be at the UC Lower Lounge to take student portraits from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, until Feb. 1. Appointments are only necessary for students who are graduating. To schedule an appointment, or for more information, visit ibisyearbook.com.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...

Redshirt senior forward Kamari Murphy of the University of Miami men's basketball team will pla ...

Senior guard Davon Reed of the University of Miami men's basketball team was selected No. 32 ov ...

Lexi Castellano of the University of Miami soccer team spent almost four weeks this summer in Vietna ...

Miami Hurricanes baseball legend Pat Burrell will be inducted into the Omaha College Baseball Hall o ...