News Briefs 1/24

Conference

UM’s School of Law will be featuring the Hispanic National Bar Association’s “Human Trafficking Conference” this Friday from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the Multipurpose Room in the BankUnited Center’s Fieldhouse. Keynote speakers include Catherine A. MacKinnon, a professor of law at the University of Michigan. She is a well-known lawyer, teacher and activist on sex-equality issues, and she pioneered the legal claim for sexual harassment as a form of sex discrimination. To RSVP, email mvargas@armorcorrectional.com.The event is free, and breakfast will be served.

Workshop

The School of Education and School of Business Administration will be hosting workshops offered by the Center for Nonprofit Management. The workshops will help nonprofit organizations through professional development and provide opportunities for networking and collaboration. The event will take place from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the Storer Auditorium. To RSVP, or for more information, email Laurie McDonald at lmcdonald@miami.edu or call 305-284-6119. There is a $25 registration fee. Scholarships are available.

Yearbook

Ibis Yearbook will be at the UC Lower Lounge to take student portraits from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, until Feb. 1. Appointments are only necessary for students who are graduating. To schedule an appointment, or for more information, visit ibisyearbook.com.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

View photos from the Syracuse at Miami game Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami G ...

CANESFAN SATISFACTION METER: G6: Time again for the latest installment of the Canesfan Satisfaction ...

Syracuse student writer Matthew Gutierrez of The Daily Orange asked me to answer some of his questio ...

After this past University of Miami football game, coach Mark Richt said the crowd came alive during ...

The Miami women's tennis team split its eight matches on its second day of competition at the I ...

Syracuse visits Miami on Saturday, October 21st at Hard Rock Stadium. ...