News Briefs 1/17

MLK Day of Service

The United Black Students, in association with Multicultural Student Affairs (MSA), present “The Mountain Top,” a celebration of Martin Luther King Jr.’s legacy. The opening ceremonies will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday. For more information, call 305-284-2855. 

Writing Center

The Writing Center has moved from its prior location near the Pavia Garage to 170 LaGorce House, on Dickinson Drive, near the Wellness Center and School of Architecture. For more information, visit as.miami.edu/writingcenter or call 305-284-2956.

Spring Kickoff

Student Government and Hurricane Productions are hosting a celebration for the start of the spring semester at the Hecht and Stanford Residential Colleges Bridge from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday. There will be music and free food including a barbecue and funnel cakes. For more information, visit hurricaneproductions.org.

Beaux Arts’ Festival

UM will be hosting the 62nd Annual Beaux Arts’ Festival of Art on Saturday and Sunday in front of the Lowe Art Museum. The festival is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day, and patrons will be able to view and purchase art from more than 200 juried exhibitors.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

Alexander Gonzalez

Assistant Editor

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced the 2018-19 schedule, featuring nine tourn ...