News Briefs 1/17

MLK Day of Service

The United Black Students, in association with Multicultural Student Affairs (MSA), present “The Mountain Top,” a celebration of Martin Luther King Jr.’s legacy. The opening ceremonies will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday. For more information, call 305-284-2855. 

Writing Center

The Writing Center has moved from its prior location near the Pavia Garage to 170 LaGorce House, on Dickinson Drive, near the Wellness Center and School of Architecture. For more information, visit as.miami.edu/writingcenter or call 305-284-2956.

Spring Kickoff

Student Government and Hurricane Productions are hosting a celebration for the start of the spring semester at the Hecht and Stanford Residential Colleges Bridge from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday. There will be music and free food including a barbecue and funnel cakes. For more information, visit hurricaneproductions.org.

Beaux Arts’ Festival

UM will be hosting the 62nd Annual Beaux Arts’ Festival of Art on Saturday and Sunday in front of the Lowe Art Museum. The festival is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day, and patrons will be able to view and purchase art from more than 200 juried exhibitors.

Alexander Gonzalez may be contacted at agonzalez@themiamihurricane.com.

About Author

Alexander Gonzalez Assistant Editor

The University of Miami quarterback corps is deep in numbers but shallow in experience. The battle c ...

Freshmen anyone? Mark Richt sounds like he’s liking these three early-enrollee true freshmen a whole ...

The University of Miami completed Day Three of spring football on Saturday, and as soon as practice ...

Myron Rolle is ready to take his game from the football field to the operating table. Those precious ...

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...

The University of Miami track and field program shined in a talented field at the Hurricane Collegia ...

Here's a daily look at what is taking place at Greentree ...

Miami tied for the most hits No. 8 North Carolina has allowed all season, but fell to the host Tar H ...

Miami travels to Louisville, Ky., Sunday at noon to face No. 34 Louisville at the Bass-Rudd Tennis C ...