Group promotes indie artists at Miami’s oldest bar

Being hipster is easier than ever thanks to Studio120’s indie music showcase. The event will take place at Tobacco Road on Friday featuring EOS (Evolution Of Sound), The Kinected, and Pages & The Out of Hand Band. There will be free beer, music and other prizes. 

Founded by Jon Kowalsky, Studio120’s main goal is to promote local independent music.

“To us, it’s all about getting great music to people and having fun,” Kowalsky said.

Studio120 launched this past September and has established itself by involving well-known indie artists and connecting them with their fans.

Kowalsky said the ultimate goal of Studio120 “is to help get music lovers all the best music from independent artists.”

Kowalsky aims to build relationships with his artists as Studio120 continues to expand.

“Our main objective is to help promote great independent music so that us music lovers can listen to songs other than ‘Call Me Maybe’ for the millionth time on the radio,” he said.

Kowalsky also manages the band EOS and described them as “an awesome blend between Incubus and Ben Harper.”

Dewitt Clark, the lead vocalist for EOS, started writing songs back in 2009 and put his current band together shortly after. He said he is passionate about his work because the music is important to him on a personal level.

“It gives me an outlet where I can really express what I’m feeling,” Clark said.

He hopes his group’s creative efforts will help them find success.

“The band’s going to take its own course, I just want us to play in front of more crowds,” he said. “Each member of our band knows where we can go with this, it’s just a matter of doing what’s necessary to get there.”

Clark and EOS are looking forward to Studio120’s first show.

“Of course, I’m excited about Friday’s show, I expect it to be packed and one heck of a show,” he said.

The band is excited to play at Tobacco Road, describing it is as one of the top five venues the band has played at.

“Tobacco Road is great because of the reputation they’ve created for themselves,” he said.

IF YOU GO
WHAT: Studio120 presents EOS, The Kinected, and Pages & The Out of Hand Band
WHEN: Friday, doors open at 9 p.m., show runs 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
WHERE: Tobacco Road, 626 South Miami Ave., Miami
FOR MORE INFORMATION: facebook.com/studio120music

Kyle Rambo

It was midweek when Miami leading receiver Braxton Berrios wistfully spoke of his four years as a Hu ...

Eli Rosier will be back where he belongs Saturday, where he feels most at home. He will be at a foot ...

The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball team remained undefeated with a 90-59 victory o ...

They remain undefeated — but still untested. The 11th-ranked University of Miami men’s basketball te ...

It has inspired T-shirts and a Migos-style hype song. Soon, fans will have a beer brewed in honor of ...

The Finker-Frenkel Legacy Foundation gift will establish the Business Plan Competition Endowed Fund. ...

C. David Naylor, a UM Presidential Scholar and public health policy expert, provided insight into he ...

A cohort of five religious leaders from Miami, including a rabbi and imam from the University of Mia ...

Hollywood actress and star of the hit BET series Being Mary Jane gets real about gender, race and co ...

The annual development agreement meeting is a time for the city and University to share information ...

Here are three matchups to watch in Saturday's Senior Day game between the No. 3 Canes and Virg ...

The University of Miami volleyball team produced some late-match magic Friday night to outlast an in ...

Miami's seniors will play their final home game at Hard Rock Stadium when the Canes face Virgin ...

Six Hurricanes were in double figures as the Hurricanes improved to 3-0 on the season. ...

The University of Miami rowing team introduced the newest members of the Hurricanes rowing program o ...