Group promotes indie artists at Miami’s oldest bar

Being hipster is easier than ever thanks to Studio120’s indie music showcase. The event will take place at Tobacco Road on Friday featuring EOS (Evolution Of Sound), The Kinected, and Pages & The Out of Hand Band. There will be free beer, music and other prizes. 

Founded by Jon Kowalsky, Studio120’s main goal is to promote local independent music.

“To us, it’s all about getting great music to people and having fun,” Kowalsky said.

Studio120 launched this past September and has established itself by involving well-known indie artists and connecting them with their fans.

Kowalsky said the ultimate goal of Studio120 “is to help get music lovers all the best music from independent artists.”

Kowalsky aims to build relationships with his artists as Studio120 continues to expand.

“Our main objective is to help promote great independent music so that us music lovers can listen to songs other than ‘Call Me Maybe’ for the millionth time on the radio,” he said.

Kowalsky also manages the band EOS and described them as “an awesome blend between Incubus and Ben Harper.”

Dewitt Clark, the lead vocalist for EOS, started writing songs back in 2009 and put his current band together shortly after. He said he is passionate about his work because the music is important to him on a personal level.

“It gives me an outlet where I can really express what I’m feeling,” Clark said.

He hopes his group’s creative efforts will help them find success.

“The band’s going to take its own course, I just want us to play in front of more crowds,” he said. “Each member of our band knows where we can go with this, it’s just a matter of doing what’s necessary to get there.”

Clark and EOS are looking forward to Studio120’s first show.

“Of course, I’m excited about Friday’s show, I expect it to be packed and one heck of a show,” he said.

The band is excited to play at Tobacco Road, describing it is as one of the top five venues the band has played at.

“Tobacco Road is great because of the reputation they’ve created for themselves,” he said.

IF YOU GO
WHAT: Studio120 presents EOS, The Kinected, and Pages & The Out of Hand Band
WHEN: Friday, doors open at 9 p.m., show runs 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
WHERE: Tobacco Road, 626 South Miami Ave., Miami
FOR MORE INFORMATION: facebook.com/studio120music

Kyle Rambo

The name conjures images of tranquil waters, lush palm trees and cool breezes. The faces conjure ima ...

A heap of preseason accolades are being showered daily on the University of Miami football players. ...

James Jones, who starred at Hialeah American High School, the University of Miami and was a part of ...

A classic good news/bad news scenerio arose for Miami Hurricanes football at the recent Atlantic Coa ...

The University of Miami football players are not the only ones getting preseason accolades. The guys ...

Looking back on 15 years of the University of Miami Business Plan Competition, hosted by the School ...

Read the latest entries from UM students who are spending part or all of their summer visiting diffe ...

Value in the Era of Analytics ...

Summer Creative Writing Camp Inspires Young Writers to Release Their Emotions Onto the Page. ...

Gomez, an expert on human values and attitudes in post-Castro Cuba, will serve as interim director o ...