Group promotes indie artists at Miami’s oldest bar

Being hipster is easier than ever thanks to Studio120’s indie music showcase. The event will take place at Tobacco Road on Friday featuring EOS (Evolution Of Sound), The Kinected, and Pages & The Out of Hand Band. There will be free beer, music and other prizes. 

Founded by Jon Kowalsky, Studio120’s main goal is to promote local independent music.

“To us, it’s all about getting great music to people and having fun,” Kowalsky said.

Studio120 launched this past September and has established itself by involving well-known indie artists and connecting them with their fans.

Kowalsky said the ultimate goal of Studio120 “is to help get music lovers all the best music from independent artists.”

Kowalsky aims to build relationships with his artists as Studio120 continues to expand.

“Our main objective is to help promote great independent music so that us music lovers can listen to songs other than ‘Call Me Maybe’ for the millionth time on the radio,” he said.

Kowalsky also manages the band EOS and described them as “an awesome blend between Incubus and Ben Harper.”

Dewitt Clark, the lead vocalist for EOS, started writing songs back in 2009 and put his current band together shortly after. He said he is passionate about his work because the music is important to him on a personal level.

“It gives me an outlet where I can really express what I’m feeling,” Clark said.

He hopes his group’s creative efforts will help them find success.

“The band’s going to take its own course, I just want us to play in front of more crowds,” he said. “Each member of our band knows where we can go with this, it’s just a matter of doing what’s necessary to get there.”

Clark and EOS are looking forward to Studio120’s first show.

“Of course, I’m excited about Friday’s show, I expect it to be packed and one heck of a show,” he said.

The band is excited to play at Tobacco Road, describing it is as one of the top five venues the band has played at.

“Tobacco Road is great because of the reputation they’ve created for themselves,” he said.

IF YOU GO
WHAT: Studio120 presents EOS, The Kinected, and Pages & The Out of Hand Band
WHEN: Friday, doors open at 9 p.m., show runs 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
WHERE: Tobacco Road, 626 South Miami Ave., Miami
FOR MORE INFORMATION: facebook.com/studio120music

Kyle Rambo

No doubt that hurricane season, in all its fury, has released its wrath on South Florida and beyond. ...

Vernon “Vern” Carey, Jr., the consensus No. 1 junior basketball recruit in the nation, paid an unoff ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA — Hurricane Irma gave Mark Walton a chance to be with his 6-month old daughter and ...

LAKE BUENA VISTA —Apparently, University of Miami All-American receiver Ahmmon Richard’s hamstring w ...

University of Miami quarterback Malik Rosier was about to head home to Mobile, Alabama, when the bos ...

UM students fan out across South Florida to help local neighborhoods rebound from the impacts of Hur ...

Classes resume on the Coral Gables campus after the removal of 4 million pounds of landscape debris. ...

Students living in residential housing are returning to campus and classes with renewed resolve. ...

UM’s student-run ’Canes Emergency Response Team puts their training into action to assist with recov ...

UM students recount how they rode out the storm called Hurricane Irma. ...

Behind a big night from junior outside hitter Kolby Bird, who had tied a career-high with 17 kills, ...

The Canes are back in action for the first time in three weeks. Here are three matchups to watch in ...

The Miami Hurricanes swimming team wrapped up its first day of competition at the All-Florida Invita ...

The University of Miami women's golf team opens its 2017-18 season on Saturday, as it travels t ...

Miami, Auburn, FGCU and Pittsburgh competed, but rain was the victor on the opening day of the Miami ...