Group promotes indie artists at Miami’s oldest bar

Being hipster is easier than ever thanks to Studio120’s indie music showcase. The event will take place at Tobacco Road on Friday featuring EOS (Evolution Of Sound), The Kinected, and Pages & The Out of Hand Band. There will be free beer, music and other prizes. 

Founded by Jon Kowalsky, Studio120’s main goal is to promote local independent music.

“To us, it’s all about getting great music to people and having fun,” Kowalsky said.

Studio120 launched this past September and has established itself by involving well-known indie artists and connecting them with their fans.

Kowalsky said the ultimate goal of Studio120 “is to help get music lovers all the best music from independent artists.”

Kowalsky aims to build relationships with his artists as Studio120 continues to expand.

“Our main objective is to help promote great independent music so that us music lovers can listen to songs other than ‘Call Me Maybe’ for the millionth time on the radio,” he said.

Kowalsky also manages the band EOS and described them as “an awesome blend between Incubus and Ben Harper.”

Dewitt Clark, the lead vocalist for EOS, started writing songs back in 2009 and put his current band together shortly after. He said he is passionate about his work because the music is important to him on a personal level.

“It gives me an outlet where I can really express what I’m feeling,” Clark said.

He hopes his group’s creative efforts will help them find success.

“The band’s going to take its own course, I just want us to play in front of more crowds,” he said. “Each member of our band knows where we can go with this, it’s just a matter of doing what’s necessary to get there.”

Clark and EOS are looking forward to Studio120’s first show.

“Of course, I’m excited about Friday’s show, I expect it to be packed and one heck of a show,” he said.

The band is excited to play at Tobacco Road, describing it is as one of the top five venues the band has played at.

“Tobacco Road is great because of the reputation they’ve created for themselves,” he said.

IF YOU GO
WHAT: Studio120 presents EOS, The Kinected, and Pages & The Out of Hand Band
WHEN: Friday, doors open at 9 p.m., show runs 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
WHERE: Tobacco Road, 626 South Miami Ave., Miami
FOR MORE INFORMATION: facebook.com/studio120music

Kyle Rambo

Hurricanes fans, get out your pencils, calendars and a list of your favorite hotels. The Atlantic Co ...

Three former Miami Hurricanes — defensive lineman Chad Thomas, offensive lineman KC McDermott and de ...

In all technicality, the Orange Bowl is a postseason, neutral-site bowl game that includes a top tea ...

When it comes to recruiting, the scariest sentence for Miami Hurricanes fans is this one: Nesta Silv ...

This time, there was no miracle Miami win over Duke. The fifth-ranked Blue Devils rallied from a 13- ...

The Beaux Arts Festival of Art debuts at a new site with picture-perfect weather and a panoply of or ...

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s vision for a “Beloved Community” has inspired a number of University of ...

The University of Miami women's basketball team took down Syracuse to record their 750th all-ti ...

Following a promising performance during the fall portion of the 2017-18 campaign, the University of ...

The University of Miami track and field program travels to Texas this week to compete at the Texas T ...

The Miami women's tennis team will begin its 2018 spring season this weekend on its home court. ...

The University of Miami released its 2018 football schedule Wednesday, highlighted by a nationally t ...