Dear V

Dear V: I’m ready for my last entry in “The Virgin Diaries”…

V,

I’m a virgin and I’m close to hooking up with this guy that I’ve been friends with since the beginning of freshman year and we started talking a couple of months ago. I’m not nervous to be with him since he knows I’m a virgin, but I don’t know how to look the part. I’ve come to terms with the fact that I don’t have the best body, but I’m really clueless when it comes to pubic hair. Do guys like women waxed or trimmed or a full bush? I have no idea where to go from here.

Sincerely,

Confessions of a Virginite

Dear Virgin Girl Problems,

Let me get this straight (and you’re going to need to learn this if you wish to navigate the mystical caverns of first-time intercourse). 

When the time comes to leave the friend zone and make a touchdown, remember that you’re going to be more concerned about whether you’re performing the right motions than if your cute bag matches your autumn skin and winter-colored hair.

In my long history of sexual escapades (including costumed hipsters out to catch colored giraffes), I have learned that nothing compares to the first time.

Madonna had it wrong; “The Secret Life of the American Teenager” ruined virginity loss for the rest of us; and vampires are confusing for aspiring, hormonal teens.

The style of your pubic hair is then irrelevant in comparison to the moment that will remain ingrained as the end of your virginity. But I highly recommend maintaining proper hygiene. No one, even adventurous souls like porn stars and Charlie Sheen, want to engage in the play’s climax (I couldn’t resist) if the underbelly is not cleaned and groomed.

I advise you to not make a habit of changing your pelvic area for the sake of different people. All that guys care about is that there is a naked woman in the room.

Your guy/friend/gentleman caller/lover will appreciate the next step you’re taking and will be glad that you accept yourself.

Grab that mesh shirt and remind him to wear the banana sleeve, which actually matches with your autumn skin.

Advice Columnist

Most NBA mock drafts had Miami Hurricanes guard Davon Reed going late in the second round of Thursda ...

University of Miami shooting guard Davon Reed will gather with friends and family in Ewing, New Jers ...

University of Miami great and Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp announced on Tuesday that he pl ...

The University of Miami continues to make a hard push for five-star point guard Immanuel Quickley of ...

The University of Miami’s 2018 football recruiting class, already ranked the best in the country by ...

UM Student Affairs Advocacy Coordinator Heather Stevens has been awarded the William Leftwich Award ...

President Julio Frenk makes the case for collaboration at eMerge Americas. ...

UM College of Engineering Dean Jean-Pierre Bardet and alumnus Rony Abovitz share the stage in a disc ...

UM showcases its technology initiatives and projects at eMerge Americas ...

The University of Miami Center for Computational Science and the Fastrack Institute sign an agreemen ...

Four weeks, four potential stars, only at The U. ...

Redshirt senior forward Kamari Murphy of the University of Miami men's basketball team will pla ...

Senior guard Davon Reed of the University of Miami men's basketball team was selected No. 32 ov ...

Lexi Castellano of the University of Miami soccer team spent almost four weeks this summer in Vietna ...

Miami Hurricanes baseball legend Pat Burrell will be inducted into the Omaha College Baseball Hall o ...