Dear V

Dear V: I’m ready for my last entry in “The Virgin Diaries”…

V,

I’m a virgin and I’m close to hooking up with this guy that I’ve been friends with since the beginning of freshman year and we started talking a couple of months ago. I’m not nervous to be with him since he knows I’m a virgin, but I don’t know how to look the part. I’ve come to terms with the fact that I don’t have the best body, but I’m really clueless when it comes to pubic hair. Do guys like women waxed or trimmed or a full bush? I have no idea where to go from here.

Sincerely,

Confessions of a Virginite

Dear Virgin Girl Problems,

Let me get this straight (and you’re going to need to learn this if you wish to navigate the mystical caverns of first-time intercourse). 

When the time comes to leave the friend zone and make a touchdown, remember that you’re going to be more concerned about whether you’re performing the right motions than if your cute bag matches your autumn skin and winter-colored hair.

In my long history of sexual escapades (including costumed hipsters out to catch colored giraffes), I have learned that nothing compares to the first time.

Madonna had it wrong; “The Secret Life of the American Teenager” ruined virginity loss for the rest of us; and vampires are confusing for aspiring, hormonal teens.

The style of your pubic hair is then irrelevant in comparison to the moment that will remain ingrained as the end of your virginity. But I highly recommend maintaining proper hygiene. No one, even adventurous souls like porn stars and Charlie Sheen, want to engage in the play’s climax (I couldn’t resist) if the underbelly is not cleaned and groomed.

I advise you to not make a habit of changing your pelvic area for the sake of different people. All that guys care about is that there is a naked woman in the room.

Your guy/friend/gentleman caller/lover will appreciate the next step you’re taking and will be glad that you accept yourself.

Grab that mesh shirt and remind him to wear the banana sleeve, which actually matches with your autumn skin.

About Author

V Advice Columnist

The University of Miami quarterback corps is deep in numbers but shallow in experience. The battle c ...

Freshmen anyone? Mark Richt sounds like he’s liking these three early-enrollee true freshmen a whole ...

The University of Miami completed Day Three of spring football on Saturday, and as soon as practice ...

Myron Rolle is ready to take his game from the football field to the operating table. Those precious ...

University of Miami middle linebacker Shaquille Quarterman’s ultimate goal has always been the same: ...

A conversation with Belén Garijo and Felicia Marie Knaul. ...

Nova Southeastern University’s Jacqueline A. Travisano will be UM’s Executive Vice President for Bus ...

U.S. Trust will provide advisory services for UM’s long-term growth portfolio. ...

Sir James Galway, Distinguished Presidential Scholar, inspires flute students with his artistry and ...

Activist and community organizer Alicia Garza stresses the need for a richness of ideas to help solv ...

Miami redshirt freshman David Dinsmore won the NCAA national championship in the men's 10-meter ...

The University of Miami track and field program shined in a talented field at the Hurricane Collegia ...

Here's a daily look at what is taking place at Greentree ...

Miami tied for the most hits No. 8 North Carolina has allowed all season, but fell to the host Tar H ...

Miami travels to Louisville, Ky., Sunday at noon to face No. 34 Louisville at the Bass-Rudd Tennis C ...