Dear V

Dear V: I’m ready for my last entry in “The Virgin Diaries”…

V,

I’m a virgin and I’m close to hooking up with this guy that I’ve been friends with since the beginning of freshman year and we started talking a couple of months ago. I’m not nervous to be with him since he knows I’m a virgin, but I don’t know how to look the part. I’ve come to terms with the fact that I don’t have the best body, but I’m really clueless when it comes to pubic hair. Do guys like women waxed or trimmed or a full bush? I have no idea where to go from here.

Sincerely,

Confessions of a Virginite

Dear Virgin Girl Problems,

Let me get this straight (and you’re going to need to learn this if you wish to navigate the mystical caverns of first-time intercourse). 

When the time comes to leave the friend zone and make a touchdown, remember that you’re going to be more concerned about whether you’re performing the right motions than if your cute bag matches your autumn skin and winter-colored hair.

In my long history of sexual escapades (including costumed hipsters out to catch colored giraffes), I have learned that nothing compares to the first time.

Madonna had it wrong; “The Secret Life of the American Teenager” ruined virginity loss for the rest of us; and vampires are confusing for aspiring, hormonal teens.

The style of your pubic hair is then irrelevant in comparison to the moment that will remain ingrained as the end of your virginity. But I highly recommend maintaining proper hygiene. No one, even adventurous souls like porn stars and Charlie Sheen, want to engage in the play’s climax (I couldn’t resist) if the underbelly is not cleaned and groomed.

I advise you to not make a habit of changing your pelvic area for the sake of different people. All that guys care about is that there is a naked woman in the room.

Your guy/friend/gentleman caller/lover will appreciate the next step you’re taking and will be glad that you accept yourself.

Grab that mesh shirt and remind him to wear the banana sleeve, which actually matches with your autumn skin.

Advice Columnist

When Al Golden recruited David Njoku to the University of Miami in 2014 the Cedar Grove, N.J. native ...

The night after FIU gave away a game to the University of Miami with a ninth-inning passed ball that ...

Redshirt freshman quarterback Jack Allison left the University of Miami football program on Tuesday. ...

Closer Frankie Bartow stared into the Panthers’ dugout immediately after fanning the final batter of ...

Go ahead. Try telling former University of Miami quarterback Brad Kaaya that his critics say he gets ...

UM marks Holocaust Remembrance Day with a reading of names and recollections of a survivor. ...

A recent paper argues that not only have researchers just scratched the surface of analyzing the Ama ...

The period of the first 100 days in office is a telling gauge for a president's full term in th ...

UM students, staff and faculty join the worldwide march to end men’s violence against women. ...

Greek Week at the University of Miami is committed to raising money and awareness for United Cerebra ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team came up short against No. 34 Duke University, 4-1, Th ...

Images from @CanesMensTennis win over Boston College. ...

Sinead Lohan and Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team were both among the ni ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's tennis team is set to open ACC Championship play Friday afterno ...

Miami Hurricanes tight end David Njoku was selected with the 29th overall pick by the Cleveland Brow ...